WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I bought a Rolex Explorer II 216570 white polar but suddenly fall in love with Panerai watches and I wll sell before use it.
I am doing an investigation because I have some doubts. The small little clock that is in the left at Marina Luminor models up to 9 hours is a second rotating all the time as they have all the watches not? Well I was watching a 323 that have inscriptions pm and am I don't know why they are there. I saw this model in a magazine and said second time zone .. that means? and day night indicator .. that means? Well .. forgive many questions but I want to learn well not made a mistake in the model that I will buy.
Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
I'm not quite sure I understand your questions, but I'll give it a shot.

Most of the time the small sub-dial at the 9:00 position is just a second hand. For the models that have the PM/AM within that dial, they also have another small hand (this hand doesn't always show up very well in pictures, so it's not immediately apparent) that rotates once every 24 hours. At 12:00am that hand will show at the 12:00 position and then for the next 12 hours it will move down on the AM side of the sub-dial until it reaches the 6:00 position, at which point it will be 12:00pm. At this point the little hand will start rotating on the left hand PM side of the sub-dial until another 12 hours goes by and then it will be pointing straight up in the 12:00am position again. It is essentially just a little hand that indicates whether you are in AM or PM hours. The watch would also have another larger third hand within the main dial that would be used to for keeping track of a second time zone.

Hope this helps clarify some things for you and good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
2 Posts
+1 ^ Some GMT will have the AM/PM sub dial at the 9. Are you looking for a GMT to replace the Explorer II. Simple and clean dials are the best on Panerai . IMO. Radiomir or Luminor? Special edition PAM399 and PAM390 are great pieces.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.