WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a brief description:

"General Stark
The Hampden Watch Co. grade General Stark, a modest model 4, 16-size, 17-jewel, nickel-finished, unadjusted movement, available in both open-face and hunting-case versions, was introduced after the turn of the century. The grade was also produced as a 12-size, 15-jewel watch. General John Stark, for whom the watch was named, was a revolutionary war hero of Bunker Hill and Bennington fame. The Hampden Watch Co.'s home of Canton, Ohio is in Stark County, which probably accounts for the company naming a watch grade in his honor."

While the watch isn't in great condition and doesn't have any monetary value (of course sentiment wise, it is priceless), I did the turn the crown a little bit and it started right up. A 105 year old item and it still works! The Uncle Joe, who gave it to my great grandfather, owned a brewery in Cincinnati, but was ruined by Prohibition.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
What a beautiful example, Grumpy! It would be really cool to have your watchmaker go through it and carry it when you have an appropriate occasion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
462 Posts
Nice Watch! I have recently restored and serviced my grandfathers watch will post some pics later this week. A nice family heirloom, love that paperwork on the back of the cover.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.