WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys & Gals, you know I just needed to vent.
About 4 month ago I lost my Gold End link srews for my Reserve COSC Diver.
I called Invicta CS (Maria), she told me they would send it out free, & would let me know in 2-3 weeks, well as you guess it no reply after about 4-5 phone calls to Maria, then also 1 call to her boss :( and an E-mail to the CEO of Invicta. So I PM-ed Jim Sk here & he got Rebecca at CS involved, she was good at first to tell me she would take care of me, but since then I have called her & e-mailed here 4-5 times & no Reply. I mean YES Invictas are Great Watches Greta Values, BUT WHAT GOOD ARE THEY IF YOU CAN NOT GET SERVICE!!!! I JUST might join BOSCO & JUMP off the Invcita wagon. Honesty, I have never had such POOR CS FROM ANY COMPANY, IF any one has any input to help a man going nuts let me know. I know I have threatend it before, but maybe just maybe Invcta has seen the last of my Dollars. NOW IF my Last name was TRUMP I am sure I would get a Reply,
Yours Sadly Dissappointed in the New Year.
Ps I really Wish the truth was Other wise for invicta , but its not :(
bill in il

·
Banned
927 Posts
I had good luck by speaking with Andrew at Invicta and got the part I needed after a month and 6 unanswered emails. You might want to give that a try.

No excuses, and sorry to hear another disappointment from Invicta. It seems like it's one step forward, one step back.

And let your wallet do the talking from now on, but I'm sure you won't be missed.

·
Banned
5,792 Posts
Bill,

I'm going to suggest something that will solve all of your future Invicta problems. . . stop buying Invicta watches.

·
Banned
927 Posts
Bill,

I'm going to suggest something that will solve all of your future Invicta problems. . . stop buying Invicta watches.
Unfortunately, that does not help his CURRENT Invicta problems... having a watch he can't wear because of the unkept promise of sending the corrective parts, and no response regarding his attempts to procure what he was promised.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Somthing like end link screws seems to be an easy fix at any watch repair shop. I am not saying that Invicta should not try to make this right. If I read this correctly these screws came out? then Invicta should make it right. Did Rebecca give him a part/part/shipping information? Keep in mind at this point it seem that Rebecca is the goto person for the CS dept. A 1.7 million product selling company. She may well be overwhelmed and has not had the chance to respond to everyone. Since her name came up I bet she gets more e-mail than the entire participation on the Invicta forum in 10 min. So guys you gotta give her a break. She is only one person and at this point the figure head of the CS dept.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Inivcta CS

Yeah the screws that came out are for a Gold plated watch(they are gold plated, not something your average store carries), I agree with Rusty at this point no more invictas & possible selling of all my Invictas, I have as noted dealt with many others watch CO's etc.. but this has been silly. Yes Invictas are some of the BEST values out there I agree, but what good is a watch if you can not even get 1 silly part :(
Case in point I just got a used Citizen today in the mail, I needed a part, e-mailed Citizen USA, in less than an hour I had an auto reply, then about 1hour later I got a REALL E-mail response & I called and ordered my part & talked to a real person, I wish, HOW I wish Invicta CS was that good.
Sad, and dissappointed.
SO if you see my watches posted FS or FSOT you know why.
Best Rgds to all, I know you all mean well here on the Invicta forum :)
Bill in IL

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes

Invicta, how I wish you were the company that you are not, you are great watches at great prices, but with very poor service, I guess my voice & the voices of many will never be heard by the CEO of Invicta, oh well

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Hi Guys & Gals, you know I just needed to vent.
About 4 month ago I lost my Gold End link srews for my Reserve COSC Diver.
I called Invicta CS (Maria), she told me they would send it out free, & would let me know in 2-3 weeks, well as you guess it no reply after about 4-5 phone calls to Maria, then also 1 call to her boss :( and an E-mail to the CEO of Invicta. So I PM-ed Jim Sk here & he got Rebecca at CS involved, she was good at first to tell me she would take care of me, but since then I have called her & e-mailed here 4-5 times & no Reply. I mean YES Invictas are Great Watches Greta Values, BUT WHAT GOOD ARE THEY IF YOU CAN NOT GET SERVICE!!!! I JUST might join BOSCO & JUMP off the Invcita wagon. Honesty, I have never had such POOR CS FROM ANY COMPANY, IF any one has any input to help a man going nuts let me know. I know I have threatend it before, but maybe just maybe Invcta has seen the last of my Dollars. NOW IF my Last name was TRUMP I am sure I would get a Reply,
Yours Sadly Dissappointed in the New Year.
Ps I really Wish the truth was Other wise for invicta , but its not :(
bill in il

This same story plays here over and over again. Why? Because Invicta has no commitment whatsoever to service. It is all about sales! I would not be right by I would have a little understanding if these problems were on the lower end but it seems to be not just a CS but a QC problem also, and at all levels of their watches!

That is the reason I have refused to buy a more expensive Invicta. At the level I buy, they are like toasters. If over a year old and they break, I toss it.
CS is exactly why when a person looking for a single watch (not to start a collection) for less than $200 I suggested a Seiko or Citizen. They do have QC and fantastic CS.

It is a shame because if Invicta had a real commitment to QC and CS they would be walking all over a lot of other brands and you would be finding them in stores everywhere.

·
Banned
5,421 Posts
This same story plays here over and over again. Why? Because Invicta has no commitment whatsoever to service. It is all about sales! I would not be right by I would have a little understanding if these problems were on the lower end but it seems to be not just a CS but a QC problem also, and at all levels of their watches!

That is the reason I have refused to buy a more expensive Invicta. At the level I buy, they are like toasters. If over a year old and they break, I toss it.
CS is exactly why when a person looking for a single watch (not to start a collection) for less than $200 I suggested a Seiko or Citizen. They do have QC and fantastic CS.

It is a shame because if Invicta had a real commitment to QC and CS they would be walking all over a lot of other brands and you would be finding them in stores everywhere.

Although Invicta IS starting to appear in more retail locations they are still a marketing company rather than a watch manufacturer.
As long as this is the case they will continue to display sub par CS and QC.

QC is out of their hands as they don't actually manufacture the watches and CS complaints can easily be sidestepped by merely introducing and marketing the next "design breakthrough" to make every one forget the latest complaint.
Bear in mind that I own an Invicta or two ,but only buy at retail which (contrary to popular TV induced belief) is as low priced as the TV shows-and at times lower-(sans VP's).

Watch Manufacturers have a real need for good CS and QC whereas a marketer needs only to switch gears and promote someting else until the smoke clears.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks yes I have Rebeccas #

Hi Thanks I have Rebeccas # & have left her a message & sent many e-mails since she left me a voice mail about 2-3 months ago saying that she would take care of me. This is after leaving 2 messages to the Invicta CS manager & the original fist CS person that I talked to who said it would only take 2-3 weeks, I am finished with Invicta, IF THEY CAN NOT GET ME A LOUSY SCREW THEN THEY DO NOT DESERVIE MY cash!!!! I mean YES THEY ARE GREAT VALUES, BUT 10 YRS FROM NOW IF YOU WANT A BEZEL INSERT YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO FIND ONE :( :(
Ps I agree with Foghorn, I will probably be moving all my invicta watches :(
as noted I wish the BEST for Invicta BUT I MUST BE HONEST & REALISTIC that this is a COMPANY that DOES NOT CARE!!!!!!

·
Banned
5,421 Posts
Hi Thanks I have Rebeccas # & have left her a message & sent many e-mails since she left me a voice mail about 2-3 months ago saying that she would take care of me. This is after leaving 2 messages to the Invicta CS manager & the original fist CS person that I talked to who said it would only take 2-3 weeks, I am finished with Invicta, IF THEY CAN NOT GET ME A LOUSY SCREW THEN THEY DO NOT DESERVIE MY cash!!!! I mean YES THEY ARE GREAT VALUES, BUT 10 YRS FROM NOW IF YOU WANT A BEZEL INSERT YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO FIND ONE :( :(
Ps I agree with Foghorn, I will probably be moving all my invicta watches :(
as noted I wish the BEST for Invicta BUT I MUST BE HONEST & REALISTIC that this is a COMPANY that DOES NOT CARE!!!!!!
Bill --they care,but not not about what you care about!!
There are lots of other options for you that will give you less aggrevation.
Give them a shot and enjoy life!!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok

Hi guys, I find it funny that Invicta would not care to take care of the customers (fellow WIS) who spend WAY too much TIME & MOney on thier stuff. And to not care about getting me a silly screw is way sad
best rgsd to all bill

·
Banned
5,421 Posts
Hi guys, I find it funny that Invicta would not care to take care of the customers (fellow WIS) who spend WAY too much TIME & MOney on thier stuff. And to not care about getting me a silly screw is way sad
best rgsd to all bill
@ Bill

you may not realize it, but you got your "screw " fron Invicta.

Time to move on!!!:D

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So why stay

So why do some of you stay with Invicta after being burned??? I tried to justify the great watch value, but very poor CS, but it just seems that any time I have had problems & needed CS they were not there, or even spotty
as stated

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
So why do some of you stay with Invicta after being burned??? I tried to justify the great watch value, but very poor CS, but it just seems that any time I have had problems & needed CS they were not there, or even spotty
as stated
That is exactly why I buy the lower end of Invicta's. The look really nice and quartz keeps good time and gives little trouble. In the end, with what I payed, if I get a couple years it was worth it. I buy other brands for something I expect to last for years and also expect to have good service in the unlikely event they break.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
I should consider myself lucky. I have never had an issue with any of my over 40 Invicta watch purchases. I don't own 40, many were sold as the novelty worn off. I did have one issue where a rubber ring broke off of the crown on my Vortice. I phone CS and they mailed out 6 replacement rings with no charge. Too bad their CS wasn't like that all of the time. It sure would make for some happy customers.

·
Banned
5,792 Posts
Bill,

I have purchased about 25 Invictas and only two had problems and were sent back and not re-ordered. My one call to CS was handled quickly and professionally. Based on that, I cannot vilify the company for bad CS or QC.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yes Rusty I am glad for your & others who have had great watches, my issues have been with getting parts AFTER the sale(watches that are 2nd hand). I mean 1 or 2 silly screws that they should keep in stock, and was told 2-3 weeks & they would call me but never did, now after many phone calls to ALL the people noted on this & other web sites, Invicta is a sub-contract MFG it seems that they do not carry parts in stock, good luck in getting a part if your watch breaks. My goal is not to vilify Invicta, it just seems that anytime some one speaks out about Invicta its seen as an attack. It conserns me when a Co or fellow WIS do not want to hear the WHOLE story about a CO. As noted on my last posts (one can read them here) that I think Invicta is a GREAT value, but very poor CS, I have spent too much time with this CO, sad cause as noted I really wish it was better CS, but all my hoping & posting & even attempts to talk nice, to talk firm or any other way has not producted 2 silly little gold end links screws. So as noted I will vote with my money. I know many on this forum are tired of this topic, but its my view that forums are good places to vent & share experiences, but if all one wants to do is hear the praises of Invicta, then there must a fair land of Cheese somewhere that I have not been to. As noted on my last posts I will all & invicta the best. Yours in IL Bill

1 - 20 of 26 Posts