WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Welcome Don B your collection and photos are awesome.Its a pleasure to see you here.
We have seen each others collection in the past.So again welcome.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Welcome to the forums and a very nice collection of classic wrist wear. And to be honest I do not know who you are although I belong to several forums. Not that it really matters as long as your bank loves you and your dog doesn't bite.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
What brand is in the third shot?

The 3rd shot is of a Glashutte Original sports model.:thumbup1: Here is the link so you can see more of those beauties ....http://www.glashuette-original.com/

GO is similar to JLC on the forums here in that both are extremely well respected but not as well known as other brands. They are a little more expensive than some of the other offerings we see more of on this forum .... more similar to Rolex than Omega.

Many of GO's pieces are high art and thus are most often compared to the "other" high end producer in Glashutte, Germany....... A. Lange & Sohn. :001_wub:

They are very worth checking out if you're hunting in that strata.

Oh and welcome to the forum DonB! You have a stunning collection. Do come around often and share your pics and experiences with the group.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
I was doing a little research on the Glaschutte watch and came across this ad for a gift for those hard-to-please men on your Christmas gift list.

Some of you would probably like to count yourselves among them.

"Celebrating the 500th anniversary of the German city of Glashütte, where watches have been made by the eponymous watchmaker Glashütte Original for more than 160 years, a modest means of celebration seemed in order.

"The result is the "Gentlemen's Corner," a luxariously [sic] appointed lacquer cabinet that comes complete with five matching, limited edition Glashütte Original timepieces (a Panomatictourbillon, Panomaticchrono, Panomaticvenue, Panomaticreserve and Panomaticlunar, which range in cost from around $5,000 to $100,000 each), five individual watch winders, a humidor with Cohiba Cigars, a DVD player, and a bar with 18 year old Scotch whiskey.

"The Glashütte Gentlemen's Corner sells for $210,000."

Welcome to the board, DonB.

·
Registered
16,743 Posts
Welcome again. Nice collection. I've actually never seen it, though I do know you. In an offhand way, of course.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Nice collection, I particularly like the master compressor, it’s a nice watch and I don’t see it too often on a bracelet, again very nice. And welcome!

·
Registered
793 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What is S.T.O.C. ??

Welcome to WTF.
Not only am I new but a bit dumb at times :cursing:

Should have been S.O.T.C. (state of the collection) :blush:

Anyway, thanks for the kind worlds and I look forward to stopping by often :tongue_smilie:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts