WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

I have a good contact to a german dial factory.
The factory build a Cliché with my name and print it on every dial I send them.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Veerrry interesting. Good to have those contacts, can they do requests. Love those hands especially the plane.:thumbup1:

·
Banned
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks again, guys.

If someone is interested in any form of dial prints, let me know!
I can share my contact, no problem!

It´s not really expensive and worldwide shipping will be offered.

Maybe some of you will know my contact. It´s Roland Kemmner!
Mr. Kemmner also sell his own watches, like the Octupus.

BTW: Hope you´ll understand my English. Im sorry, but I´m not a native speaker!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Very cool looking watches! I have a question as I am new to Seiko watches. Can someone explain to me the concept or reason behind "modding"?

I don't think I've seen this with other brands.

Cheers!

·
Banned
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think there is no good reason to do this. I like it to create my own style watches.

In my opinion it´s very simple to mod the SEIKO watches and there´s a lot of afermarket parts out there!

·
Registered
73 Posts
I think there is no good reason to do this. I like it to create my own style watches.

In my opinion it´s very simple to mod the SEIKO watches and there´s a lot of afermarket parts out there!
What he said,
Also, so many hands and dials fit so many movements within Seiko's..... they are just easier to mod.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Watch modding

Thanks again, guys.

If someone is interested in any form of dial prints, let me know!
I can share my contact, no problem!

It´s not really expensive and worldwide shipping will be offered.

Maybe some of you will know my contact. It´s Roland Kemmner!
Mr. Kemmner also sell his own watches, like the Octupus.

BTW: Hope you´ll understand my English. Im sorry, but I´m not a native speaker!
Thank you and this is great to know. I dealt with Roland before and he is great, his watches are also really nice quality.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Watch modding

Very cool looking watches! I have a question as I am new to Seiko watches. Can someone explain to me the concept or reason behind "modding"?

I don't think I've seen this with other brands.

Cheers!
I think that there are different opinions and different needs because of the difference between people. The fact is that sometimes it is not easy to find the watch one is dreaming of. In some cases a watch might be just about right but have something one would like changed, like the hands, or one hand, or the strap or whatever. Personally I only do it to make the watch "my own" and as close as possible as I would like it to be.

Seiko watches are great because of the interchangeability of the parts, dials, hands, cases, etc. but there surely are other watches one can customize. I personally have done a few others non Seiko, see below:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts