WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a few , and I get more questions about them then most watches I wear. I can have on my Rolex, higher end Invictas, Omega, Oris and so on and yet as soon as I put on my Bulova watches the questions start, from how much to what brand. I deal with the public so I am around people all day long but that seems to be the case. So what is your thoughts.

·
Registered
16,752 Posts
Solid, mid-range watches. Classic designs. Don't own one. However, I have been tempted by a Limited Edition Astronaut chrono moonwatch. However, it seems expensive and I have been reluctant to buy it.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
When I was growing up, Bulova was a respected brand in my circles.
I still remember my Grandfather wearing a Bulova and in those days we thought it was one of the best.

But I think they are a different watch company today.

Here is my only Bulova, which I am rather fond of.

·
Banned
9,135 Posts
Very nice Bullova. Spitting image of the Rolex Day/Date. Solid reputation, and much, much less. BTW, that watch says automatic. Manual wind or kinetic, etc.? And what is the MSRP of the watch? Just curious.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Very nice Bullova. Spitting image of the Rolex Day/Date. Solid reputation, and much, much less. BTW, that watch says automatic. Manual wind or kinetic, etc.? And what is the MSRP of the watch? Just curious.

The watch is automatic winding (self winding)
ETA 2836 (rhodium finish)
This model is no longer available.
I think I paid around $250 for it several years ago.
Quite a bargain I think.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Bulova today is not the Bulova of yesteryear. However, no company watch or broom company is. Bulova still offers a very good product and in many styles that can not be found by others. Also, Bulova now owns Whittnauer and under that name you can find some very nice looking pieces. One of the things you can still count on with Bulova is CS. The bottom line is, if you see one you really like, pick it up. If you have problems with it, they will make it right. They are in the sales and service business. Not just the sales business. Between my wife and I we own three. Four, if you count my Wittnauer.

Bulova still give quite a bit of attention to detail and I believe that has much to do with why you still find them in jewelry stores.

Whittnauer made by Bulova

Bulova Masonic Watch

Bulova Harley-Davidson His/Hers

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
First take a look at its history....

http://www.bulova.com/about/history.aspx

In 1996, the 4th highest recognized US Brand in the category of watches and jewelry.

Their Accutron line was interesting to me...I thought they could have done a lot more with it. Excited about the Astronaut..I wonder how a real accutron movement watch would have gone over? It will be interesting to see what the Japanese do with it.

My Bulova/Accutron Family -

·
Registered
119 Posts
Their Accutron line is superb!!!!:thumbup1::D

·
Registered
484 Posts
I own several Bulovas/Accutrons, all swiss made and excellent watches. I own two that are Submariner homages that are awesome.
I am currently in the hunt for an original issue Astronaut with the coffin bracelet.
Of all my watches my wife thinks the Bulovas/Accutrons are the best looking watches I own.
The Super Seville is by far my favorite dress watch.
BTW the Super Seville, day-date homage can still be purchased NOS on some forums.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts