WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I wanted to show you close up shots of my 3824 after doing the brushing. What I did to start with is I used the Scotch Brite but I found the finish a little too obvious so what I did was I bought some 400 grit automotive sandpaper which is waterproof. I then wetted the sandpaper and going in the same direction as I did with the Scotch Brite I sanded the watch. It came out looking great and the entire watch was done with the exception of the edge of the bezel. So what do you think?

·
Registered
184 Posts
I like it and when it gets scratched up you can do it again! That's one nice thing about the all stainless steel braclets; can't do that with a two tone braclet!:thumbup1:

·
Banned
820 Posts
Good job on this! I like it, looks more solid.

·
Banned
2,511 Posts
Great job,looks great,I think it does look more rugged, like van said.Feels like you have a new watch doesn't it:thumbup1:

·
Registered
981 Posts
Looks nice but I prefer the contrast of polished and brushed. BTW mine is the two tone so brushing is not an option for me.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Larry, it's funny you mention that. Since I did this little modification the watch hasn't been off of my wrist, so yes I guess it does feel like a new watch. I know this would not be for everyone but I wear this watch so much that I was getting tired of having my jeweler redo the polish on the watch that I just decided to go for it after reading that thread. I have since given the watch a good cleaning so the remnants that were left in the Invicta logo on the side and under the bezel are gone. It does seem to look much better in real life as opposed to the pictures for some odd reason.

Great job,looks great,I think it does look more rugged, like van said.Feels like you have a new watch doesn't it:thumbup1:

·
Registered
820 Posts
That's a great look! I've seen a few of these and now I'm wondering if the opposite is possible: to polish brushed SS?:confused1: hmmm....

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
1st, your happy with it and since it is your watch that is what counts.

IMHO, it looks good. I agree, it would not be good on a two tone or one with diamonds but yours is neither so it works very well. I can also see where you would just about have to do the case also to match the effect you have on the bracelet. Good job!:thumbup1:

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks Charlie, actually it is the 3824 so it has the diamonds on the dial. But they are so subtle that they are only noticeable in the right light. By the way it's been a while since I have seen you in the Invicta forum.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts