WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, for Christmas, my family bought me a BEAUTIFUL watch case. I told them thank you of course, as I was thrilled, but made it known to them how much money their kind gesture would undoubtedly cost me in the near future. LOL!:w00t: Im already speaking to another forum member about purchasing a large and lonely watch from him, and I figured I would see what else I could get on the cheap to start filling up my new watch box!

My requirements are that it must be Mechanical / Auto.

Must not be Asian (Although a Seiko Black Monster is in the running HA!)

Must be 42mm or larger.

And of course, must land within my price range.

Im looking at The Aviator Hi-Tech Chrono (Russian Poljot). Which I have in Black, but would love the white dial version as it doesnt have numerals, and both dials are limited to 350 pieces.

The Tissot Seastar. As I posted earlier, Im really digging this watch.

A Steinhart Aircraft 8 (Pre-Loved). Im really starting to like this B&R design. Used to hate it, now love it, go figure. LOL

The Zodiac Oceanaire. Just looks like a sweet watch on the cheap.

And (Sigggghh) an Invicta Swiss Mother of Pearl diver. It looks pretty nice, and by pretty nice, I mean it looks a lot like a Rolex (sighh again).

Any other suggestions would be GREAT since I know you guys know your stuff! Basically I want a big, non quartz, non chinese watch.

Thanks guys!!

-John

·
Registered
793 Posts
Swiss Made Accutron VX-200:

Magico Big Round watch: (Japanese movement) But a nice watch.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea ive been seriously considering the VX as well, i like the bracelet ALOT better than that on the Seastar. Would you mind sending me a message as to where you picked that up and what you payed for it? THANKS!

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts

Accutron Men's Gemini Automatic Chronograph Leather Watch #26C01

Accutron Men's Gemini Automatic Chronograph Watch #26C04

Here's a couple of Accutrons that meet your criteria and I think the Gemini is a good looking watch in all its incarnations and they are all within your budget.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
I'm pretty certain the WTF watch is too small to meet criteria.

·
Registered
431 Posts
If you change your mind on the size aspect. I am quite sure you will not find a bargian that compares with the WTF watch. Plus there will only be 30 of those. =)

Best Regards,

Thomas Carey

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Trust me, I LOVE the WTF watch! Its just too small for my wrists. Im used to a 42 or larger, so a 38 just wouldnt cut it. Otherwise I would be ALL OVER THAT THING. The design is great.

Grady, isnt the Gemini a smaller case? I thought it was 38-40mm. Love the watch though, especially being a chrono :thumbup1:

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Grady, isnt the Gemini a smaller case? I thought it was 38-40mm. Love the watch though, especially being a chrono :thumbup1:
Quoted specs are not always accurate, but the ones I looked at were listed as 46mm.

·
Registered
793 Posts
VX-200 Back:

The Link:

·
Registered
16,743 Posts
Look at Jacques Lemans, Edox, Tissot (though I'm not a fan of the Seastar), Accutron, Bulova, Debaufre (a sponsor), or some used luxury watches. There are many fine brands and models in your price range. You might even want to consider an Invicta Reserve Pro Diver (44 mm), which I found surprisingly well made. Or one of my personal faves a Japan only 6R15 Diver (45 mm).

·
Registered
142 Posts
Xezo Tribune

I just bought it. I think I like it, but the jury is still out. The company sells them directly on eBay.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
I like that watch a lot, but the dial's colors don't do anything form me. Black numbers and hands, with white lume would make it perfect.

The case, the bracelet with the milled latch and the guilloché give the watch a very fine appearance.

I really like this one.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I searched for the Ball watch but could only find them for a little over $1000. It's a great looking watch though.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts