WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought it on Amazon for $81.89. Yesterday the watch was $73.99! I shouldn't have waited!

I did homework: watched some Youtube reviews, read forums (this one and others), and figured what the heck. All the YouTube videos said the watch was an amazing value at it's price point. Other forums recommended the Orient. I looked at the Orient, and it just didn't seem as nice looking as the 8926c

There were a lot of complaints I read about the customer service of Invicta, so I decided to go with Amazon. I figured, if I get a dud, at least Amazon will let me swap it out.

Since I have never owned anything other than a Timex before, I'm curious as to what kind of care a watch is supposed to get. Do I take it in to get cleaned occasionally? Any other use and care instructions? I know it's only an $80 watch, but I still would like to take care of it.

Now, off to find a buyer for the Timex T29781 I have been wearing. Stupid as it may sound, I'm actually kind of going to miss the Indiglo.

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You made an excellent choice for your first Invicta. Its a very popular watch and is a good value for the money. Post some pics when it arrives we always like new pics around here.

I have never had any of my Invicta automatics cleaned/serviced unless I had a problem. I wouldn't worry too much about having it serviced. Down the road if you find it starting to run slow then take it in for a cleaning. Some of the higher end brands recommend servicing their watches every few years but in this case its not nessasary. The miyota movement is solid and you shouldn't have any issues. Enjoy and I can't wait to hear about your next watch purchase. Many collections have started this way and with that watch. :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Crystal

Is is possible to take the watch to a Jeweler and have them swap the mineral crystal with a sapphire crystal?

It's not something I would do day 1, but if the mineral gets scratched up and I need to do something about it, is an upgrade possible?

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
I'm not sure. Others have swapped out bezels in favor of the coin edge but you already have that. I haven't heard of anyone changing it over to a saphire crystal. I'm sure its possible. My question would be what would it cost, and where would one get the parts? Would rolex crystals work? That would be pretty cool.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
Keep in mind ----- It's an $80 watch. A good cleaning would cost more than the price of the watch and a crystal swap would be probably close to the cost of the watch.
It's a decent watch --- for the money! When it fails to work properly, I'd toss it. Sorry to be so blunt, but I'm realistic.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Keep in mind ----- It's an $80 watch. A good cleaning would cost more than the price of the watch and a crystal swap would be probably close to the cost of the watch.
It's a decent watch --- for the money! When it fails to work properly, I'd toss it. Sorry to be so blunt, but I'm realistic.
I was kind of thinking the same thing. But if I knew someone that could do it for me for free, why wouldn't I try?

·
Registered
484 Posts
Excellent choice! The 8926 is an excellent value for the money. I have had mine for almost 5 years and it still looks good. Enjoy!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's the gateway drug to watches. The thing hasn't even come in the mail, and I am already picking out my next watch!

·
Registered
58 Posts
It's the gateway drug to watches. The thing hasn't even come in the mail, and I am already picking out my next watch!
Demon rum! err... I mean Invicta!
1 cought my eye less than a year ago. Well, I have 10 now and possibly an 11th. (let you know come father's day)
I need to update my signature.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Demon rum! err... I mean Invicta!
1 cought my eye less than a year ago. Well, I have 10 now and possibly an 11th. (let you know come father's day)
I need to update my signature.
I have my eye on an Orient now. And I saw some nice Seikos. And, of course, some more Invictas also...

·
Registered
14 Posts
8926c

You will love the 8926c if you like the sub style. You can dull out the center links if you think they are too flashy (a thread or two on the subject). I had mine for about nine months with no problems. To clean it just take an old toothbrush with hand soap and scrub away. Don't forget that you can wind the watch if you don't plan on wearing it (40 hours or so). You will notice others looking at this watch on your wrist often and you will get complements!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You will love the 8926c if you like the sub style. You can dull out the center links if you think they are too flashy (a thread or two on the subject). I had mine for about nine months with no problems. To clean it just take an old toothbrush with hand soap and scrub away. Don't forget that you can wind the watch if you don't plan on wearing it (40 hours or so). You will notice others looking at this watch on your wrist often and you will get complements!
The fact that I can wind it is a big plus.

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Hand winding was a big plus when I had my 8926, but don't fear the movements you can't. I have two, a Seiko and an Orient and not being able to hand wind them hasn't been an issue, and they'll sit for weeks not running.

A lot of people start with Invicta and the 8926 (or 9937) and the bug bites hard! They start looking a watches on other people, watch forums, mag's and websites..and before you know it, they are hooked!

My only advice, there are a lot of brands out there. Try as many as you can :thumbup1:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Ok, I heard everyone likes pictures. So. now that I have the thing, here are pictures:

1. The yellow Invicta box

2. The watch in the box

3. Watch out of of the box (bad light)

4. Side by side with the Timex it's replacing

5. Another side by side

6. Close up of Invicta bezel (bad light)

7. Close up of Timex bezel

The one thing that drove me nuts about the Timex was that the second hand would tick like a quartz, but it would almost never line up with the second marks on the dial. It kept accurate time, as any quartz does, but the tick marks annoyed me a great deal.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I can smell the "new invicta box" smell (kind of like new car smell) from the photo's with the protective plastic over the crystal! Enjoy!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts