WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a fairly new company with great quality products at good value with not too much inyourface advertising as you see with some brands I thought it would be interesting to know how you "stumbled" upon lum tec.

i actually ran across it from a watch review blog i think it was the m9 review from a couple years back..

·
Registered
292 Posts
On this forum. Ha.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Can't remember where I saw it, but it was a review of the V2 & I thought it was really intriguing. Then I saw the 500M-3, & was hooked. Now I have 2 & have 2 more coming later this year.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I first heard Lum Tec mentioned on the BDWF forum. The remarks were so glowing that I HAD to check this company out. A Google search led me here and the rest is history.

OkeefenokeeJoe

·
Banned
20 Posts
I found a review a few years ago in a german forum.

A very good friend of mine is located in Philadelphia.
He´s a watch freak too and he´s wearing a lot of US watches, KOBOLD for example.
He also owns a LT and so I asked him a lot this watches. After I found a dealer in
Germany, I bought my M40!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I also first heard about LT on ablogtoread.com; Ariel reviewed the M3 and liked it a lot. I didn't really start paying attention until I saw a video review of the 500M-3 after it first came out. It looked so incredible I ordered it right away. I then found this forum and have been watching it like a hawk ever since. I've spent a fair bit of money because of all the great stuff I've read about here.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Whassa Lum-Tec?

:001_tt2:Here, on this forum, I was lookin at the new posts and there was a lot of traffic about sumpin called a Lum-Tec. I thought it was a watch disorder. You know...my watch stopped workin because the lum-tec broke..I dunno. Turns out it is a watch disorder..you need dis order for an M28 right now. or maybe an M50...or maybe...:001_tt2:

·
Registered
336 Posts
How did i find out Lum-Tec

Just by surfing the net, searching for new watchmakers that i didn't know before.

I really like small watch company's, or independent watchmakers (if they are not to expensive though :wink:)
Why ? The service is mostly better then the big brands. You can interact with the CEO / designers of those company's. They are on Forums / Twitter, want feedback, and
you can ask them questions or give some ideas. I like that.

With that same reason as i mentioned above .... i came across (in the last couple of weeks): Fraser Time Pieces, Tourby, EHF Horlogere, Schofield, etc.
With some i have contact with (such as Fraser), and some not.

I like it when a brand does something new to the watch-world. That can be design, material use, shapes or different movement use (ETA, Hamilton, Soprod, Sellita etc) / decorations, etc.
What i dislike; the so called Rolex diver clones. Why should you bring a watch on the marked, that look like a Rolex. I think that's plain stupid. Why ?
If you want to achieve something in the already full watch-marked. You must bring something new or different to the table. If you don't ... you don't gonna make it.
So ...you must be innovative, you must be creative. Only than you will survive. It's as simple as that. But i have the feeling, that not many watchmakers understand this. In the end .. it's there lose, not mine :wink:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
interesting responses so far seems like the majority is from the internet, and good word of mouth. its funny i found these forums after searching for more feedback on lum tec.

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
I happened to buy a watch from another company that uses Lum-Tec lume on their watches and that led me here.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts