WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Anyone home ?

Hey, let me begin by saying that I really like the Hour Vision. Does anyone here think that Omega will reduce to size to about 39mm ? I just think it's way too big for a dress watch. What do you guys think ? Basel 08 maybe ?

Cliff

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
:biggrin:

Hello Mr Cliff,

a warm WELCOME to you from The Omega Forum at WTF.:)

I"m sorry I'm not the expert on the hour vision ( a stunning piece )
but I'm confident that an expert will be along shortly to help.

I'm a dive watch guy and 41mm is about my limit. it seems watches in general are all getting larger, so I see your concern. I was just looking at a "dress watch" Omega (vintage) that was 38mm which I thought was just about right for me, 39mm to 40mm very acceptable. these watches do seem to be getting larger, some pocket watch size.....

I hope you enjoy your time here, good to have you with us:)

diver88:):):)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hello,

Anyone home ?

Hey, let me begin by saying that I really like the Hour Vision. Does anyone here think that Omega will reduce to size to about 39mm ? I just think it's way too big for a dress watch. What do you guys think ? Basel 08 maybe ?

Cliff
Hi Cliff,

I wouldn't know but that Hour Vision will make for a really great dress watch in my opinion too...I don't know though if the see through sides and display back would look as good in 39, though I also agree that 39's about the right size for a dress watch...I just hope the cost was a bit lower.:(

Glimmer

·
Banned
18,140 Posts
Hi There Guys

Good to see y'all here :thumbup:

I had a look at the HV a few weeks back and wrote up on my impressions in the old place. It's a different style and type of watch altogether. I actually think that the rest of the De Ville range would be more suited to being regarded as the classic style of dress watch. The Prestige is now Co-Axial as well with redesigned dial too so this and the regular Co-Ax De Ville will I believe form the mainstay of the " dress range " in the De Vile while the HV slots in as part of a new category altogether.

I think it's a dress watch and while I prefer it's larger size, I am more given to the looks of the New Prestige and standard Co-Ax De Ville. I'm afraid I have no idea if Omega will bring out a 38/39mm version of the HV.

Y'all enjoy the rest of the weekend now :)

ZIN

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey guys,

Well, having quenched my thirst for sport watches (proud owner of SMP and PO), I'm on the hunt for a dress watch. I've been looking at the JLC Master Calendar, Blancpain Leman Moon Phase, and other "high end" brands. I've come to the conclusion that Omega gives you the best bang for the bucks. Though I'd like to own a different brand, the road keeps steering me back to Omega.

Though expensive than most Omegas, the Hour Vision gives you an in-house movement (with a longer service period), 60 hrs power reserve, and a display back. Some of the other high end brands charge you a leg and an arm for ETA based movements (pleeeaaazzz !).

I'm considering the rose gold versions of Prestige Automatic (36.5mm) and the Prestige Small Seconds (39mm). Right now, I'm leaning toward the Small Seconds. I could live with a 36.5mm watch, but it's a tad small. That's why a 39mm HV would be PERFECT ! Well, we'll see. Maybe I'll wait until Basel 08 to see what's new.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
:)

Mr Pda,

I own all kinds and brands of watches but the Omega brand just FEELS
right. it is a fantastic bang for the buck, but again my Omegas just have a warmth and a personality I connect with.. they make me smile:)

diver88:thumbup1:

BTW, do you have some pics of your Omegas?:drool:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Diver88,

No, unfortunately, I don't have any pics of my SMP and PO. But on another note, I tried on the 36.5mm Prestige last weekend, and it's definitely small. That leaves the Small Seconds. Unfortunately, the Ben Bridges sales lady didn't have any red gold version in stock, not a single one in all 60 something stores ! Guess they're kinna rare, huh ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts