WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Seiko SKX173 that I love the look and size of. It seems to be a perfect fit for my wrist and my lifestyle. The only issue that I have come across is that I am not sure that I am supposed to tell time with it. The thing gains a minute a day. In a week, I am early to everything. I am about to throw it out the window. Any ideas on what I can do before I go postal on it?

B

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
I have a Seiko SKX173 that I love the look and size of. It seems to be a perfect fit for my wrist and my lifestyle. The only issue that I have come across is that I am not sure that I am supposed to tell time with it. The thing gains a minute a day. In a week, I am early to everything. I am about to throw it out the window. Any ideas on what I can do before I go postal on it?

B
Send it in to a local watch dealer, he should be able to fix it for you. Usually it is easily rectified and dont cost a lot.

All the best!

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
hesmysnowman, I wouldnt worry too much about the advance in timing

as this isn't unusual for the 7S26 caliber movements. They all seem to run alittle quick when fairly new, which isn't all that bad considering the obverse effect which is commonly seen after years of use, which is a movement that is running slow by a minute or more which is the calibers early warning-sign saying it could use and would appreciate a service.

As bullosa has mentioned, the watch really only needs a very minor regulation adjustment to the slow side just a tiny bit & that will bring this watch into a more exacting timing.
:biggrin:

I'd rather arrive at the party or job alittle early, than be a little late. But as Daron said, this adjustment is an easy fix and you'll be very happy with its time keeping once she has been adjusted by a simple regulation adjustment.

Cheers,
Jim

Send it in to a local watch dealer, he should be able to fix it for you. Usually it is easily rectified and dont cost a lot.

All the best!

·
Registered
43 Posts
as this isn't unusual for the 7S26 caliber movements. They all seem to run alittle quick when fairly new, which isn't all that bad considering the obverse effect which is commonly seen after years of use, which is a movement that is running slow by a minute or more which is the calibers early warning-sign saying it could use and would appreciate a service.

As bullosa has mentioned, the watch really only needs a very minor regulation adjustment to the slow side just a tiny bit & that will bring this watch into a more exacting timing.
:biggrin:

I'd rather arrive at the party or job alittle early, than be a little late. But as Daron said, this adjustment is an easy fix and you'll be very happy with its time keeping once she has been adjusted by a simple regulation adjustment.

Cheers,
Jim
My usual beater is a Seiko 5, styled like an Explorer. It's 7s26 sounds similiar, it's about 3 minutes slow in a week. I only really start to notice it after around three weeks. I really should take the back off and regulate it, but I am not really bothered. The same movement in my 007 is quite accurate so get your baby tuned up.
Good advice, Poseidon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts