WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys, i'm new to seiko but i want this watch.

i need a watch for mountain biking and play tennis so it must be a cheap diver auto watch.

i was going to get an invicta, but i actually own several, so i want to try seiko.

whats your opinion on this particular model, thanks.

is the lume as good as everyone says?
is the movt durable and shock resistant?
crystal hardlex?

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
hi guys, i'm new to seiko but i want this watch.

i need a watch for mountain biking and play tennis so it must be a cheap diver auto watch.

i was going to get an invicta, but i actually own several, so i want to try seiko.

whats your opinion on this particular model, thanks.

is the lume as good as everyone says?
is the movt durable and shock resistant?
crystal hardlex?

Hello Wilfreb,

The SKX033 is one tough diver and is used by a lot people as their 'beater'. I am not sure if an auto subject to crashes and non-stop pounding is the ideal watch for mountain biking.

I do some cross country mountain biking and road riding. We some of the best singletracks in the world here in Borneo. Some trails are very technical like the ones at North Shore, Vancouver...lots of switchbacks, drops, rocks and tree roots. I dont recommend anything other G-Shock, Sunnto, Polar, Sigma or Cateye HR Monitor due to the constant pounding at your wrists.

·
Banned
2,275 Posts
These are great, durable watches... Just 2 things about it I don't like...

1. Only 100m WR
2. Folded link bracelet

If I were you I would also consider the following models:

Seiko SKX007 (the true Seiko classic) or SKX009 (which looks similar to your choice)
Seiko Monster (a true icon, so it should be considered IMO)

Hope this helps :thumbup1:

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
:)

the Lume is better than most.
the movt is as solid as any auto.IMHO
the Hardlex is supposed to be harder than regular mineral,
but not as hard as sapphire. it will scratch.

it's a Seiko, great watch. the 009 might be a hair bigger(?) and 200m
water resist. I've worn a SKX175 (same as 009 N. American version) for 10+ years nearly daily, 500+ dives... It's pretty solid.

diver88:):)

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
These are great, durable watches... Just 2 things about it I don't like...

1. Only 100m WR
2. Folded link bracelet

If I were you I would also consider the following models:

Seiko SKX007 (the true Seiko classic) or SKX009 (which looks similar to your choice)
Seiko Monster (a true icon, so it should be considered IMO)

Hope this helps :thumbup1:
If you don't dive, 100m is adequate, and the folded link bracelet can be changed if it bothers you. What you should know is (I have the 031 which is the same watch with an all black bezel), the bezel action isn't as tight and smooth like Seiko's better 200m divers. The bezel also is not uni-directional. Still, it's a great watch with the same great Seiko lume. :thumbup1:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts