WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I previously owned a 009 but made the mistake of letting it go so it had to be replaced only this time I figured I would have a 007.

The postie kindly delivered it today :001_smile:

When I owned the 009 it came with a Seiko Z22 strap and I never found it comfortable at all to wear, the rubber strap that came on the 007 is soft and very feels nice on the wrist and makes me wonder if the one that I had before was a knock of strap.

The rubber strap did not matter so much because it was still coming off so I could fit the mesh that I owned with the 009 previously and I set about putting it on this watch. Seiko shoulderless fat bars are a nightmare to remove, I had read a few posts and some owners had just given up and cut the strap just so they could get at the bars. I must have spent a good 30 minutes trying to get the strap off, I think I found some new ways to verbally abuse strap changes before I finally won the battle and I think it was worth the effort because the mesh looks awesome on this watch :thumbup:

This one is a keeper and hopfully will be joined by one of it's older brothers sometime in the not too distant future. :w00t:

·
Registered
637 Posts
Hi Richard,
I find it difficult to decide between my 009k2 or the 7040, when it comes to which one I like the most.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Richard,
I find it difficult to decide between my 009k2 or the 7040, when it comes to which one I like the most.
I think I will have to get another 009 as well, I only sold mine to fund repairs on other watches and they are always an easy watch to flip so the cash comes quick. But top of my list at the moment is a 6309-7040 which I hope to get as soon as the funds are available, (wonder what I can flip) :001_rolleyes:

Has anyone tried a 007 on a leather strap? I like the combination of a dark dial with a brown strap just not sure if it will work on a diver.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Nice 007 there Richard, congrats on the reaquire of an SKX Diver

The current Classic Standard Diver, and it's a beauty!

Rubber straps differ in rigidity, but the recent ones seem more flexible and comfortable. I love the looks & style of the Omega Mesh, looks superb mate...

Cheers, :thumbup:
Jim

·
Registered
175 Posts
Boy that mesh does look nice on that watch. I am contemplating a 007 right now so this is a timely post. the pics are really helpfull too. Enjoy your new aquisition.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Looks great!

Think this watch just made the wish list...

Enjoy it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts