WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought myself a new watch (Invicta 4790) and I love it. The problem is that I have been bitten by the watch bug. I currently have fallen in love with skeleton style watches. I am curious to know if WTF has any suggestions for affordable/reliable pieces. I would like to keep it to around $200 and I prefer stainless steel bands to leather and like the automatic movement of my Invicta. The Stuhrling Winchester and Winchester Elite have caught my attnetion. Does anyone have any information on these or other skeleton watches that I have overlooked/don't know about?

Thanks in advance guys:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Ben

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
I saw a Rotary skeleton the other day in Sam's Club for about $150. You don't see Rotary in the U.S. much, but they are quite popular in the U.K. and from what I know are a reputable Swiss brand. There wasn't a sales rep available, so I couldn't look the watch over to see what movement it carried, but from looking through the display glass, it looked OK.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I occasionally see mail-order ads for American made skeleton watches in National Geographic. Don't recall the brand name off the top of my head... Could be worth picking an issue, because if nothing else, you'll at least get a uber cool Rolex print ad!

·
Registered
16,752 Posts
Rotary is a solid brand. I would avoid Stuhrling - Chinese movements with some quality issues.
Invicta does make some nice looking inexpensive pieces.

I find skeletons hard to read. Love the look, but impractical for my aging eyes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts