WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Many of you may not have a "junk watch". I did not think there was one in our house until my wife found one tossed in a box. So, I thought, many of you may. She picked this thing up about 20 years ago and put it away (lost it) about 16 to 18 years ago to the best we can estimate. Anyway it obviously was not running and she asked me if I thought it would with a new battery? I told her, who would care? She then let me know she did so off with the back and off to Wally World I go. Slam in the new one and presto, the thing is running!:blink: That was about two months ago and it has gained all of one minute!

The brand is "Jordache" obviously something they had made for as an ad gimmick. Buy two pair of jeans and get a watch for $1 or something like that. Stamped on the back it says, Japan which surprised me I really thought it would be China. Also it states, base metal with ss back. So even though they probably made about a half dozen to a dozen of these for the cost of one battery ($4) it is running away and keeping nearly perfect time.:001_tt2:

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
these two

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
I have another Wenger that qualifies, but I can't find it now.

It's probably hiding, ashamed to show its face.

This watch was heavily discounted and seemed like a good deal, but the bezel is hard to turn and pops off just for grins, it seems.

The watch is so big that it broke and bent pins left and right. It wore a big callous on the back of my left hand and eventually, I just got tired of futzing around with it and into the drawer it went, only to emerge on this ignominious occasion.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I bought this to see if I could stand a metal bracelet. The rest, they say, is history.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'd have to go with this Casio HD 200 meter LCD quartz. I can't destroy this watch! I've worn it through hell and back and it just keeps going:thumbup:
I bought it for $35.00 back in 1995 and wore it 24 hours a day for about six years! Then I started collecting watches and it became a relic for a while. Today it hangs on a nail in my workshop for those "special occasions".

·
Registered
748 Posts
Holy eighties??

He he...

I was going to post some pictures of me doing freestyle tricks on my haro from back in the mid eighties, but I can't find any right now...

THAT was some scary stuff!

(But I still collect those crazy neon-colored bikes!):eek:hmy:

·
Banned
9,135 Posts
Whoa! I remember those Casios. They were one of the in things. BTW, does anyone remember the Nelsonic Pac Man video game watch WITHOUT the joystick? I had one, and now I can not find it. Wish I still had it for nostalgic reasons. :crying::crying::crying: :crying::crying::crying: :crying::crying:

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
I bought it for $35.00 back in 1995 and wore it 24 hours a day for about six years!
I'm not sure it's fair to refer to it as junk watch that has performed so well .

I would tend to call that a masterpiece of form and function.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts