WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not too many years ago a 40mm watch would have been considered a large watch. I think 40mm to 42mm is quite the norm today (IMHO). Today, before a watch is considered large or big it has to be larger than that. What do you think? Is that a fair assessment or not?

At 48mm I have one, that I would call a large watch. I am quite sure that 48mm is my personal taste limit on size. The only exception I could imagine to that (for me) is if I dived. In that case I may very well want a very large and very easy to read divers watch. But for me in that case, it would be a functioning tool and not for looks.

What is the largest Invicta you wear?
Pictures please? And if at all possible, wearing the watch so it's size can be seen relative to your wrist.

This puppy is as large as I will go on me.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
I just ordered a 3036 Ocean Ghost II. I was able to use my cc custom rewards program so it didn't cost me anything. I was a little unsure about the 49mm size, but after seeing a 48mm on your 7.5" wrist, Bender, I should be okay. If I get it and get it sized soon I'll post a picture.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just ordered a 3036 Ocean Ghost II. I was able to use my cc custom rewards program so it didn't cost me anything. I was a little unsure about the 49mm size, but after seeing a 48mm on your 7.5" wrist, Bender, I should be okay. If I get it and get it sized soon I'll post a picture.
I must say, the price sure was right!:w00t:

Looking forward to the pics!:thumbup1:

·
Registered
541 Posts
TA50 at 46mm.

This is my largest Invicta so far. I also have a Swiss Legend Throttle that is about the same size but heavier. I might do a 48mm sometime but I don't think bigger than that would be too comfortable for me.

·
Registered
314 Posts
My RD is the biggest I have now @ 45 mm. The crystal on this thing is awesome, but not something I can wear all the time.

I would like a put another band on this instead of the leather that came with it, but I have had no luck finding anything @ 32 mm.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
@ECM3
I love that watch design!:001_tt1:
It is just a little to large for me. I wish they would make a "baby" of that one in abut a 46 to 47mm size.:tongue_smilie:

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Here we go big 45mm Reserve Speedway Gunmetal

bigger 48mm Ocean Ghost Diamond Meteorite Gunmetal

biggest 50mm Subaqua Noma 111 V7751

1 - 16 of 16 Posts