WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 20 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
HEY! That's my thread idea! :lol: :lol: :lol: Good job getting it posted! :thumbup1:

That's a GREAT looking set up! :drool: :drool:

I don't have any pics of my Lum-Tec's with guns yet, but I'll take some this weekend & post 'em up! :thumbup1:

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
I'll play! :thumbup:

Here's my cocked & locked NightHawk Custom Dominator .45ACP featuring hand made Hakan Pek spalted maple grips with my Lum-Tec M42 Phantom:

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
If you are missing a post in this thread here is why:

Firearms are not banned on this forum, but politics are. This is a photo thread. If you want to post a photo of your firearm with your Lum-Tec go for it.

If you don't want to post a photo of your firearm with your Lum-Tec, and/or you just don't like guns then you really have no reason to post in this thread. Heck you don't even have to look at it if you don't want too!

TIA!

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
Guys,

I'm going to re-iterate BrianS' comment here. Firearm pictures, discussions and such (with or without watches) are NOT against the rules here on Watch Talk Forums. We realize this goes contrary to rules on many other watch sites, and that's fine. We have allowed discussions on guns and pictures of them for several years here. In fact we have a very large segment of the community that are gun enthusiasts (including the site owner) that enjoy those conversations. You may not agree, like it or understand. That's fine. Keep in mind many non-watch enthusiasts don't get us & our watch obsessions either. :lol:

You'll notice above I said GUN discussions are OK in the forum. POLITICAL GUN discussions are not. If you're a gun enthusiast, post 'em if you got 'em. If you're not, well remember YOU elected to come into the conversation. If you don't like or believe in gun ownership then I'd recommend staying out of the threads, especially if you can't control making it political. Is there a political side of gun ownership? Yes. Is every topic on gun ownership political? No. Keep the political part of the discussion off the thread.

Yes guns are not legal everywhere in the world. Even in the US some may be legal in some areas and not in others. However, that really has no bearing on the issue of pictures and discussions of guns. Just keep in non-political. We probably have many people who are interested in guns, but due to local laws cannot own one and may have questions. If that's you, ask away. Just like watches, no question is a dumb question.

We realize many people strongly disagree with civilian gun ownership, whether it's pistol, semi auto or full auto versions, and some people cannot have a discussion on guns without making it political. If you are one of those, my strong recommendation to you is DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN THE DISCUSSION. I'm not telling anyone what to or not to participate in. I am however telling you replies that move the conversation into a political side will be removed, and infractions for rules violations issued if needed. Any further polical posts here will be removed without any notice, and infractions issues if deemed warranted by the admin team.

If you want to discuss a political topic, go ahead - just take it to the community forum (be sure to read the special rules on political topics in the community forum before posting). But do not bring political opinions into discussions in any of the other forums.

Now, back to Lum-Tec's and guns....

PS - Anyone got a photo of their Lum-Tec next to their 80mm cannon? :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
24,995 Posts
Flying Dutchman: WOW!!!! :w00t::drool::w00t::drool:

My local range only goes out to 200 yards. If I had somewhere to shoot it close by, I'd love a sweet sniper rifle like that. :thumbup1:

Brian - that is a GORGEOUS 1911. If ammo cost wasn't such a consideration, I'd think about having a really nicely built out 1911.

I'll get some pics taken tomorrow.

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
My local range only goes out to 200 yards. If I had somewhere to shoot it close by, I'd love a sweet sniper rifle like that. :thumbup1:.
So, it's Ohio - plenty of flat, open land. if the local range only goes to 200 yds make your own range! :lol: :lol: :thumbup1:

After I finish my SBR build I'm thinking of a long-range build as the next project. Maybe in a .308. Of course that decision is easier for me, my local range has a 100, 200, 500 & 1,000 yd range... :drool:

If ammo cost wasn't such a consideration, I'd think about having a really nicely built out 1911.
You really need to look into doing your own loading. It's extremely easy, and takes up almost no room to set up an area. It's been 12-13 years since I loaded my own, and I'm sure it's become even easier now than it was when I was loading my own. And a lot of it you can get pre-owned without worrying too much (still due your due-diligence of course). But it's way worth it if you're shooting more than a couple hundred rounds a week. Heck, I'd say it's worth it even if you're only shooting a few hundred rounds a month. At that time I was shooting around 800-1,000 rounds of .45, 9mm & 10mm a week. That loading gear paid for itself really fast, especially considering the .45 & 10mm over the counter costs!

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
So, it's Ohio - plenty of flat, open land. if the local range only goes to 200 yds make your own range! :lol: :lol: :thumbup1:

After I finish my SBR build I'm thinking of a long-range build as the next project. Maybe in a .308. Of course that decision is easier for me, my local range has a 100, 200, 500 & 1,000 yd range... :drool:

You really need to look into doing your own loading. It's extremely easy, and takes up almost no room to set up an area. It's been 12-13 years since I loaded my own, and I'm sure it's become even easier now than it was when I was loading my own. And a lot of it you can get pre-owned without worrying too much (still due your due-diligence of course). But it's way worth it if you're shooting more than a couple hundred rounds a week. Heck, I'd say it's worth it even if you're only shooting a few hundred rounds a month. At that time I was shooting around 800-1,000 rounds of .45, 9mm & 10mm a week. That loading gear paid for itself really fast, especially considering the .45 & 10mm over the counter costs!
And besides the savings, I enjoy reloading. It's a fun hobby.

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
Here's my first contribution to the thread:

S&W M&P with a Leupold Deltapoint optic. Milled slide for the optic featuring co-witnessed iron sites. Apex Tactical FSS trigger mod.
Watch is the Lum-Tec M51.
That is sweet! I want to do something similar with a Glock 17 with the addition of a compensator for Open Class Steel Challenge shooting!

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
Well i have no guns but i do have some nice bows to match my watches! V2 with Hoyt Contender Elite.

Very nice Chris!

No wonder Bes is so polite whenever I talk to him. If I knew you had this sitting in your office I'd be ultra-polite too! :lol: :lol: :lol: :laugh:

1 - 20 of 152 Posts