WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

Show off your new Invicta. . .

7K views 32 replies 18 participants last post by  Agent Orange 
#1 ·
Any new Invicta boxes laying empty under the tree? Show us what you got.

See less See more
#8 ·
I got shut out on watches this year. I did get a starter tool kit, though. It's not bad, I guess, I just wish it had a spring bar tool in place of two or three of the six screwdrivers that were in it. I have a bracelet I want to swap and I'm sure that would have been more useful.

Nice pieces, btw.

#9 ·
Well, mine aren't nearly as exclusive as some of the watches posted above, but I'm quite happy with them and they're getting a fair amount of wear recently. I don't have a winder (yet) for my autos so I decided to look at quartz movements for a while.

4514 Pro Diver Retrograde Chronograph, Gunmetal Finish, Black MOP Dial:

4762 Limited Edition Slim Leather Strap Watch, White MOP Dial:

#11 ·
My Christmas Cheese

I have never been a real big fan of gold, but the rose gold on this one is just awsome and has really won me over.

P.S. Triton, my wife said your wife was a pleasure to deal with:thumbup1:

#14 ·
Great pics! :thumbup1: Is this the 4469? I like the looks of this model but am concerned with the size. Since we dont have Invictas over here, i'm not sure if the 45mm (read big) size will look fine on my 7.75" wrist? The accuracy is another concern. Whats the typical accuracy of the SW200 movement right out of the box? Is the cyclop correctly aligned over the date window?

Here is mine. For anyone else who received this watch, how does the date window cut out in the dial impress you? Also, running about 1.5 sec. fast over 2 hours. That will very likely settle down to about half that in a few weeks.

#15 ·
I have multiple watches with the SW200 movement. Most out of the box have been fast, but, settled to about half of what it was running over in a month or so. My impression of the date window is the cut could have been more clean on it. I believe the size is 43mm.

#24 ·
The ETA ‘clones’
With the patents of several of the ETA ‘tractors’ having fallen into the public domain, the companies, which formerly worked in assembling the ébauches supplied by ETA, were now making what are called ETA ‘gauged’ movements.
Totally compatible, these ETA ‘clones’ could fit in the same manner into the same cases, and receive the same dials and accept the same additional modules.
In this respect, Sellita, which announced that it can produce a total of one million movements per year (of which, up to that fateful day, were included a very large proportion of ETA ébauches), now manufactures its SW 200 movement (clone of the famous ETA 2824) and its SW 300 (clone of the celebrated ETA ‘tractor’ 2892). Starting next year, it will offer the SW 220 (clone of the ETA 2836) and the SW 240 (clone of the ETA 2834).
Sellita says that it sells movements to a total of 350 different clients, and that its products equip about 30 percent of ‘Swiss Made’ mechanical watches. Miguel Garcia, owner of the movement maker, remains circumspect as to the company’s’s future projects. “We do not do any marketing,” he says. Yet, he does let out a few titbits on the company’s development plans, affirming that he has united a group of subcontractors all located in the Jurassian arc region of Switzerland, with the goal of constructing a new factory. Over time, this new facility will directly and indirectly employ nearly 1000 people. But beyond that, Garcia remains tight-lipped.

Eurostar magazine has a good article on the movement alternatives available.

#25 ·
Hi sys12345, you will find that there are a lot of incinsistancies with the accuracy of any automatic at first. They settle down after 4 to 6 weeks and with the SW200 the accuracy after that is amazing. I have a new 4473 and I synced it the day I received it and it is only out (fast) by 7 seconds after 1 week.

#27 ·
Hi falcon4311, i've a different experience with my Ball autos, they are pretty consistent from day 1 until now. I have no experience nor knowledge of how accurate Invicta 44XX series are right out of factory, so i'm a little concerned if the gain/loss per day is substantial & i'll need to have it regulated. I dont know of any decent watchmaker in my vicinity to do the job should the need arises. Having said that, if the accuracy of your 4473 is any indication of the general accuracy of the SW200 movement in the 44XX watches, then it'll be :thumbup:!!!

#30 ·
Hi falcon4311, I've a different experience with my Ball autos, they are pretty consistent from day 1 until now. I have no experience nor knowledge of how accurate Invicta 44XX series are right out of factory, so I'm a little concerned if the gain/loss per day is substantial & I'll need to have it regulated. I dint know of any decent watchmaker in my vicinity to do the job should the need arises. Having said that, if the accuracy of your 4473 is any indication of the general accuracy of the SW200 movement in the 44XX watches, then it'll be !!!
Hey sys12345,
I have actually had 2 different experiences with my 2 autos. The 3824 was very accurate for the first 2 or 3 days then it went all wonky on me. It took about 5 weeks for it to settle down and now it went for a week and is out by +1 second. The 4473 that I just received was accurate right out of the box. I have had it for over a week and it is +7 seconds. I still don't know if it is going to do the same as the 3824 but I wouldn't sweat it. They really settle down and keep great time, so I think you are worrying for nothing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.