WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I saw the Invicta quartz minute repeater was on sale at the Shop yesterday and almost pulled the trigger, but didn't.

Here's the watch:

Here's pros in my mind:

-made in Japan, uses a Citizen movement. So basically, it looks like Invicta subcontracted this to Citizen.
-of all the minute repeater watches, imho, this has the best looking dial and case in a repeater less than $2000 grand. It has that classic look. The Citizen minute repeaters, while cheaper, look cheap to me.
-the price has dropped from $500 to $338
-the complications are exactly what I find "cool" in watches.

The cons:
-$338 is up there where you can snag a Hamilton or Accutron when they are on special
-the Shop charges $15 for delivery and the delivery date is Nov 6. Do they ship it from Inner Mongolia?
-chances are this will be $200 in 6 months

Looking forward to advice, sarcasm, and other alternatives : )

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm the manager of the Division of Sarcasm so let me offer some up. The only thing I don't like about that watch is the word "INVICTA" on the dial and the battery inside the case. :sneaky2::laugh: Other than that, it's actually a good looking watch.

And those are the two reasons I am hesitant. I just love look of the watch.

·
Super Moderator
16,879 Posts
(From an intern @ Division of Sarcasm)...I worry about the tone quality of any minute repeater watch costing less than OMG!!!
And what if something went wrong with it? You'd send it off to Invicta C.S. for repairs and wouldn't get it back until your great-great-grandson is old enough to drive!
It does look rather spiffy however.

·
Registered
656 Posts
(From an intern @ Division of Sarcasm)...I worry about the tone quality of any minute repeater watch costing less than OMG!!!
And what if something went wrong with it? You'd send it off to Invicta C.S. for repairs and wouldn't get it back until your great-great-grandson is old enough to drive!
It does look rather spiffy however.
Save up for a watch you'll really love down the road, rather than something you'll be reluctant to wear in the future (if it's not broken already).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Premium Member
1,705 Posts
as an international representative of the Division of Sarcasm my opinion is that you should simply accept that if you buy it you should consider it already broken and say to yourself "it's only $338" "No problems"

other than that.... it's quartz and an Invicta.

·
Super Moderator
16,879 Posts
Hey Sean, come on...be nice!...........................Oh - wait a minute - you are being nice!.....OK....Never mind! :T

·
Registered
656 Posts
If the money is right for the watch then yes...I would view it as an every day watch..Granted it is not a grand complication mechanical high end time piece, but it has a nice classic style and would be a nice dress watch.

Arthur
I think AAKVIPER just hit the nail on the head. This Invicta is a perfect poseur watch, and might fool a few people into thinking it is a grand complication. But, you'll know it's not...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.