WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on buying a nice dress watch either chronograph or diver for $200 or less. I narrowed my choices down to Bulova Marine Star, Seiko Spc061, and Invicta 8928OB. Invicta seems like a great buy because it has the looks, the automatic movement, the water resistance, and the durability.

However! Many people say invictas are horrible watches that break easily. They also tell me a Bulova or Seiko is a much better made watch.

I don't know what to do? Should I buy the Invicta? Why?

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Buy what you like, in your price range the three watches are similar in quality. Everybody will have personal preferences, I for instance could give you an order of my preferences but in reality I own several of each of those brands and never had trouble with any of them. So for what its worth I would recommend using your tastes, fit, finish, options and style that you are happy with

·
Super Moderator
16,888 Posts
My only warning will be that some of the wiser ones here at WTF (and that can be interpreted as The Old Geezers) will tell you a chronograph or a dive watch are not meant to be dress watches. A dress watch has a plain dial, minimalist case, hour and minute hand, and nothing else.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I also say go with what you like.
I only have two Invicta's in my collection now(have owned and sold/traded quite a few). I have a self-imposed price limit of $200 for Invicta's. Below that price range, their watches are really not too bad.
Good luck with your choice

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
My only warning will be that some of the wiser ones here at WTF (and that can be interpreted as The Old Geezers) will tell you a chronograph or a dive watch are not meant to be dress watches. A dress watch has a plain dial, minimalist case, hour and minute hand, and nothing else.
Hey I resemble that remark....lol...
course the older I get the less I worry about dressing up, My wife had to reprimand me the other day when I put on my best biker leathers to go to a wedding......:wink:

·
Registered
97 Posts
OP: No one has said it, but whichever one you get, you'll soon go back for one or more of the others. These things are very infectious. :biggrin: It's good to have choices. I started with the 8926 myself and now I have many choices. Whichever you get, remember it's just a watch. Others can offer their opinions, but the watch will be on your wrist. BTW, CometHunter, my 8926 thought it was a dress watch. Compared to various Timexes and other sundry watches, it was. edison

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.