WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two days ago I was enjoying some Invicta Year End Clearance on the shop channel. Now it has gone missing from my cable lineup. In it's place is Comcast sports. WTF! Is there anyone else having this problem. I went through all the channels but it is gone. I live in south central PA . My wife is enjoying this however.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Two days ago I was enjoying some Invicta Year End Clearance on the shop channel. Now it has gone missing from my cable lineup. In it's place is Comcast sports. WTF! Is there anyone else having this problem. I went through all the channels but it is gone. I live in south central PA . My wife is enjoying this however.
Your Governor and/or his wife must have ordered something from them and after going through all the hoops and delays got mad and then signed a decree to ban it from PA.:lol::lol::lol:

·
Banned
5,792 Posts
Ironic that in PA, where American cable TV started, you no longer receive SNBC.

Seems un-American or something!:biggrin:

Actually Mark, it is a cable company decision as to what channels to carry based on how much the channel is costing them compared to how little they could pay to put a different channel into their line-up. Can you spell MONOPOLY?

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Who is your cable provider there these days?? Pennsylvania and New York are two heavyweight states when it comes to the sale of anything, online or otherwise. I recall seeing a note that some channels were being reassigned here in Ohiya too.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
There is always viewing over the web too. Cant forget that option.....BTW, any posts from JS around here lately?? Have not seen him around here since we moved. :confused1:

·
Banned
5,792 Posts
Time Warner pretty much owns NY from Manhattan to Buffalo. They bought out Adelphia in western NY when that company ran into serious management and fiscal issues and the Rigas boys (father and son) ended up going to jail.

Jim has not registered yet on the new forum site. Hopefully he will get around to it.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Numark check your updated channel lineup from your cable company. My cable service used to be Comcast where the shopping channel was on the analog side (i.e 2 digit channel). However last year when Time Warner bought out Comcast down here, that shopping channel moved to the digital side of cable... channel 100 and something.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have Comcast here and I think they may be moving it to the digital channel lineup. Of course I don't have digital yet so I guess I'll just check things out on the web for now. It would be nice if Comcast could give it's customers some advance warning of programming changes. :cursing:

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Ironic that in PA, where American cable TV started, you no longer receive SNBC.

Seems un-American or something!:biggrin:

Actually Mark, it is a cable company decision as to what channels to carry based on how much the channel is costing them compared to how little they could pay to put a different channel into their line-up. Can you spell MONOPOLY?
The local phone companies are doing all they can do to be "allowed" to offer TV over IP. The cable companies with great success have fought that tooth and nail. However, it seems that the US Gov is coming closer than ever to allowing that to open up. When it does, the competition between those big boys is going to be good for the consumer.

At divestiture of the old Bell System the argument from the cable tv industry was this. The telephone company is deeply entrenched in the market and has an unfair advantage. Therefore we (cable companies) should be allowed to get in the telephone business but they (phone companies) should not be allowed for some time to get into hours. That argument has prevailed well for about 20 years now but the Gov seems to finally be getting tired of it. I mean, how many years do they deserve that protection. My guess is the consumer will have a full choice in the next two years. I do not think it will be longer than that. But that is my best guess from the indicators that are out there right now.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Since moving 6 months ago I now have my cable, phone and internet from Comcast. I think they are moving some channels to digital to try and get customers to move to digital cable from analog. So they can charge them more $$$ of course.:mad:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts