WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a new member. Can some one tell me if it"s OK to turn the minute hands of 214 models counter clockwise or backwards. I just purchased a model 521 and in setting the hands a encountered resistance when I tried to turn the minute hand backwards. Thanks for your help

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
I am a new member. Can some one tell me if it"s OK to turn the minute hands of 214 models counter clockwise or backwards. I just purchased a model 521 and in setting the hands a encountered resistance when I tried to turn the minute hand backwards. Thanks for your help
Welcome to the Forum and Accutron ownership. bet you can't own just one! Should not hurt anything although, if you have no service history on the watch, the resistance you are experiencing may be from lack of lubrication. There is a lot of play in the 214 gear train. Official recommendation is to move clockwise a few minutes past time you want then back up to desired setting. By doing so, you remove some of the slop in the gear train.

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
Well. looks like OliverB answered your question and gave you some good advise as he always does.
I just got in to tell you how jealous I am of that Model 521. I want one. They don't show up very often, I guess that is a reflection of their rarity. I've got my eye on one, we'll see.
Once you get it up to speed you are gonna want another Accutron. They're addictive. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Pictures please. Skypilot and I would like to see the inside of the case back. Was your case made my S&W (Schwab & Wuischpard) or by Star Case Company?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts