WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Longines Conquest Perpetual Calendar L1.627.4 that I purchased a year ago. It is working well and I managed to set the month and year cycle so the Perpetual Calendar works properly. However, I have noticed twice over the last year that the time has suddenly changed by one hour exactly. I belive this is a Daylight Saving feature of the watch. However, where I live there is no Daylight Saving! I wish to switch the feature off. Can anyone help me find out how to do this?

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you still have the owners manual? That's usually where you'd look for that kind of info.
Do you still have the owners manual? That's usually where you'd look for that kind of info.
Alas, I do not have the original owners manual,... Also, I have been unable to find a copy of the correct manual online. I did find a manual of a similar model which allowed me to set the Month and Year so the Perperpetual Calendar works, but there was no mention of a Daylight Savings function in that document. I have found some reference to Longines VHP Perpetual watches having a Daylight Savings function, but no documentation of the specific steps to set / unset this feature. I am hoping someone on this forum can direct me to the correct manual online or has a copy of the original manual and can post an image of the appropriate page for me.

· Super Moderator
17,361 Posts
Okay.....
If I'm reading the literature correctly, it's not for Daylight Saving Time, it's a function for when travelers go to different time zones.
First, pull out the crown to the 1 position. Minutes are changed by turning the dial SLOWLY. If you turn the crown quickly, you change the hour hand.
Apparently, you cannot switch this feature "on or off". You use it or you don't. You just keep your wits about you try not to use this feature accidently!
VHP_Longines_info_130x130_NEW.indd

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay.....
If I'm reading the literature correctly, it's not for Daylight Saving Time, it's a function for when travelers go to different time zones.
First, pull out the crown to the 1 position. Minutes are changed by turning the dial SLOWLY. If you turn the crown quickly, you change the hour hand.
Apparently, you cannot switch this feature "on or off". You use it or you don't. You just keep your wits about you try not to use this feature accidently!
VHP_Longines_info_130x130_NEW.indd
Thank you for the research ComeHunter. I appreciate the time you have taken following up on this issue. However, the manual you provide a link to is the the modern Longines VHP re-introduced in 2017 with movement codes: L288.2 / L289.2. My watch is one of the original Longines VHP series, made from 1984 to the mid 90s or so. My Longines Conquest Perpetual Calendar L1.627.4 is I think a 90s model. I think I need a different manual and so far I have not been able to find a copy. Thanks again.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I sent the details of my watch to Longines and they reply that it is fitted with a quartz movement, caliber 546. They also send some instructions. There is no mention of a Daylight Savings mode, so possibly I somehow accidentally changed the time on my watch by touching the crown. Instructions are here: Longines Calibre L546 Instructions For Use Manual (Page 2 of 12) | ManualsLib

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.