WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
I have to concur with the collective opinion here.

In fact, I'm planning to send mine to Bienne for refurbishment (it's not a vintage piece either).

The vintage parts are more likely to be found/re-made in Bienne where they have all the original blueprints and spare parts stock.

It looks to me that a new case will be needed for your watch, and I doubt (but could be wrong) that NJ has them in stock anyway...

Send it USPS with insurance in the amount you want to insure it for. That way, if there is a problem, it will be covered (although vintage stuff can never be replaced).

Alternately, you can go with FedEx and have a tracking number all the way to the acceptance signature (no tracking is available on USPS packages, as the local Postal service takes it from the airport in-country). Insurance is also available with FedEx, and recommended.

I work for a Swiss company and ship there all the time. I have never had a package get lost (typically sent via FedEx).

Best of luck with whatever you decide. Do keep us posted if you decide to go with NJ. It is possible their level of service has improved in recent times, and we need to know if this is true...:thumbup1:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.