WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! VERY new at the whole watch collecting world, but got the bug! So far I only have Invictas. Recently I acquired a lupah limited edit 0514 with the sw500 auto. The instruction book says nothing about the sw500. Is there a time (9pm-3am exp) that I am not supposed to set the day/date? Also and most important, I noticed that I can manually wind the movement, is it possible to over wind the movement by hand? It never seems to reach a point where it starts resisting? I am terrified that I will hurt it! When the unit is completely run down, how many full turns does it take to wind it fully?
I know these may seem like stupid questions, but I can find no resources on this movement and I am new at all of this, thanks for any and all help! Darin

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
Hi Darin, welcome to the forum!!!

Recently I acquired a lupah limited edit 0514 with the sw500 auto.
That's a great watch. We love pictures around here.

The instruction book says nothing about the sw500. Is there a time (9pm-3am exp) that I am not supposed to set the day/date?
I always have the hour and minute hand pointing toward the lower hemisphere between 3 and 9. I'm not exactly sure what could go wrong but that's what I've been advised and do so more out of habit than a full understanding of why.

Also and most important, I noticed that I can manually wind the movement, is it possible to over wind the movement by hand? It never seems to reach a point where it starts resisting? I am terrified that I will hurt it! When the unit is completely run down, how many full turns does it take to wind it fully?
You cannot over wind a mechanical automatic. About 40 turns will fully wind your watch.

I know these may seem like stupid questions, but I can find no resources on this movement and I am new at all of this, thanks for any and all help!Darin
We're always glad to help and there is no such thing as a stupid question. Stupid answers, yes. :001_smile:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts