WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hello. First off I'm new to this forum, so I would like to personally take my time and say hi to each and every one of you. Looking forward to meet each and everyone of you on the forum. :)

My question is which is better, Seiko or Invicta ? I've been looking to purchase my first watch ( I am sixteen of age ).I was choosing from both of these brands and the style is both very similar to each other, I've been looking at their "diver" set. And these two caught my eyes.

Seiko:

Invicta:

I like the Invicta more. But which is worth more for its money, more durable, more quality ? And I would really like to know, which one would have a dial like this, if any. (Luminous/Glow in dark) ?

Your help would be appreciated thanks ! :001_smile:

Sorry I had to remove your links; how did we miss this one? :scared:
We can only direct-link to sellers who are sponsors; they support our forum. :thumbup1: You can feel free, however, to link to any seller you wish in PM's (Private Messages) or e-mails to other members.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^ The Seiko doesn't look it (lume). Will the invicta have the same glow as the picture that is pictured above ?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I love me Seiko's and Invicta's. If it comes down to it, I feel Seiko is better in all catagories. However, that does not mean Invicta is bad at all...just that Seiko is a better quality watch I think. Lume is better on Seiko. Whichever you decide you will be getting a good watch.

·
Registered
5,011 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Seiko is known for its overall quality in fit and finish, but it's also important to point out that Seiko manufactures all its components in-house, including its movements. Not many companies do this except those that typically produce high-end timepieces. Also, their patented Lumibright provides exceptional luminesence and in my opinion is better than Superluminova.

Invicta is well known for its variety of designs and the one you selected has a remarkable resemblance to the Rolex Submariner. If you want the "Rolex look" for around $100 then this is the watch. BTW - the lume on this watch is marginal and nothing compared to a Seiko.

Both are nice looking watches and you can't wrong with either one.

Good Luck.

Gary

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Iownstans,

I forget to mention...lol...the lume shot on the watch you posted is a Seiko Sumo or Seiko SBDC003/1/5 (depending on dial color).

:D

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
hey Stan,

:)

WELCOME to the forum..:thumbup1:

the Invicta is 200m rated(water) and it looks like the Seiko is !00m.

that Invicta is a great watch, I have it's big brother. the lume is not very good on it however.

I would say if you were comparing the Invicta to a 200m rated Seiko, hands down I'd go Seiko.. the lume is phenominal, and they hold up for years..

ley us know what you do,

diver88:):)

·
Registered
298 Posts
It's funny the seiko looks more like the classic design. Or maybe it looks like an updated classic ... modern classic? those merc hands on the invicta just bore me.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Invicta is well known for its variety of designs and the one you selected has a remarkable resemblance to the Rolex Submariner. If you want the "Rolex look" for around $100 then this is the watch.
Thanks ! Yes, that was exactly what I was thinking. I've fell in love since the first time I saw the Submariner :001_wub: I look the looks of the Invicta more than the Seiko, but the lume is really cool. So I don't know... maybe both ? But thats kind of off my budget... :sad:

ON EDIT:

Yes, the lume on that watch is absolutely stunning ! I think I will purchase the Invicta and after a while, I will purchase something from Seiko not the same style. Looking to spend around $100 - $200, being a sixteen year old sucks ! Anyone have any sites with great deals ?

·
Registered
6,086 Posts

Mr Stan,

the Invicta is a fine watch, and does look a lot like the "real thing".
the lume's not that great on the Submariner either, Seiko is just really good.

here'e a $50 alternative, mines been good.

not quite the quality for the most part as the Invicta, but I couldn't tell you by feel if this is an Alpha or my Submariner.

good luck, you'll get there:thumbup:

·
Registered
16,752 Posts
There's a comparison between a Seiko diver and two Swiss Made Invicta diver's in the review and reference forum.
Hope it helps.
My vote is Seiko - at least on the watches in the comparison.
However, the Invicta 8929 is a great value.

·
Registered
354 Posts
^ The Seiko doesn't look it (lume). Will the invicta have the same glow as the picture that is pictured above ?
Both brands use their own. Invicta uses Tritnite, a special compound that glows in the dark. Seiko uses its trademarked Lumibrite. In fact, the lume shot in that picture is Lumibrite.

The lume of the Seiko watches is far better than the Invicta's. Last longer, glows brighter, usually more lumed areas on their divers compared to Invicta.

On the lume department, Seiko with hands down.

·
Registered
314 Posts
If you're starting this young...

all I can recommend is the Seiko if you're going to do the black. Later, jump on the Invicta blue. I have not found another brand in that price range with a blue face that makes you stare for hours..
Pics for views and just cuz I like to pimp my watches:

Invicta Pro Diver and my OM:

Pro Diver:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Mr Stan,

the Invicta is a fine watch, and does look a lot like the "real thing".
the lume's not that great on the Submariner either, Seiko is just really good.

here'e a $50 alternative, mines been good.

not quite the quality for the most part as the Invicta, but I couldn't tell you by feel if this is an Alpha or my Submariner.

good luck, you'll get there:thumbup:

Thanks ! :) And that is a nice watch for $50 !

I will most likely purchase the watch tomorrow. I will update when I receive it !

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Update ! I think I will have to hold off both theInvicta and Seiko for this beauty:

And its way off my budget. But I can't resist ! :mad:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I am sorry to bring back such an old, old thread. :blushing: But update as promised.

I finally got my INVICTA 8926 PRO DIVER !! :biggrin: (sorry for my crappy camera, compared to everyone else's on here._

(The lume isn't all that great, but will do for such a inexpensive watch)

By the way, this is my first watch. It is truly a beauty. I am looking to purchase another Invicta sometime soon. :thumbup1:

1 - 20 of 64 Posts