WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I am new to this forum, although i have a look in regularly to see what is. I had a look at the Seiko Velatura models yesterday and was surprised at how big they actually are on the wrist. I have a black dial Certina DS Action with stainless bracelet which is about 42mm and it wears well, very comfy. I was looking around for a two tone stainless/gold watch as a different look. I have looked at the Tissot T-Sport PRS200 model in the two tone and these seem quite shiny if you know what i mean, however a nice watch but a bit smaller than my Certina which i love the size of for my wrist size. I have seen the Velaturas but never really looked at them until yesterday and was asked would you like to try one on? So i did the two tone model SNAA92P and was surprised at how heavy and big it was on the wrist, the lume seemed bright when covered with the hand etc. The other thing i asked was can i remove the steel bracelet and put it on a leather or rubber strap etc, i like the golden brown panerai style straps and wonder what this would look like on something like this. The crown protector is sort of unique looking and i like that. They told me you would find it hard to get a 26mm strap for it but you can get them from places on the net. So any thoughts on this matter or advise etc would be appreciated?
Cheers

·
Banned
5,433 Posts
The Velaturas are quite impressive.
I believe they are also more $$$ than the Tissot PRS 200.
I looked at the Velaturas a while ago and liked them except for the hands-which was a deal breaker for me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi

Yes that Velatura model in AUS retails for $170 more than the PRS200. However thru a couple of stores here you can usually get 20% to 25% off most of the time.

Cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts