WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here owns the Seiko Sumo? I like to hear your comments on the watch. Maybe some shots too? :D

·
Banned
5,421 Posts
Anyone here owns the Seiko Sumo? I like to hear your comments on the watch. Maybe some shots too? :D

I like mine.
Very substantial watch. Nice to have a hacking and handwinding Seiko diver.
My only (extremely)minor complaint is that I wish the bracelet were about 2mm wider.

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Foggy,

Thx for sharing. I thought the bracelet size looks fine. It makes the watch look bigger though. How is the bracelet quality? Does it pick up scratches easy?

·
Registered
16,743 Posts
I love mine. It's become my unofficial beater, though it is a bit bigger (45 mm) than I normally like.
I paid about $400 including shipping when I bought it a few weeks after it was introduced. With the sinking dollar, it might cost a bit more these days.
Wonderful watch with great lume. Nearly a year later, I still like it!

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I love mine. It's become my unofficial beater, though it is a bit bigger (45 mm) than I normally like.
I paid about $400 including shipping when I bought it a few weeks after it was introduced. With the sinking dollar, it might cost a bit more these days.
Wonderful watch with great lume. Nearly a year later, I still like it!
Hey Boscoe, welcome back. We were about to put out an APB for you. LOL!

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I too am curious about the Sumo. I haven't read a single complaint or misgiving about it (Foggy's gripe excluded). Its not just looks either as folks claim it keeps much better time than the monsters and is hacking so you can really see the accuracy. This one seems to be the real deal.

One of these days I'll probably end up ordering one myself. Note that you can also get them in orange and navy blue faces.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
I just got mine in the mail today.
I am very impressed with this watch.
Fit and Finish is top notch.
I paid $460 shipped from Hong Kong.

I am in love with this watch.

Here is a dusty wrist shot of mine.

·
Registered
16,743 Posts
Congrats, Pete!
It is a great watch that's got incredbile lume and is very accurate.
I actually prefer the blue dial, but I bought the black one. At the time I wasn't sure of the color tone. I have no regrets, but I do wish I had the blue. I'm jealous of you and foggy I guess.
Wear it in good health!

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
@Boscoe, the black looks very distinguish. The Blue is very nice too. What do you guys think of the Orange Sumo?

Hmm..if only they are cheaper, one might consider collecting all the 3 colors. LOL. I know some ppl who do all the colors with Monsters.

·
Registered
16,743 Posts
@bullosa: used to be when I found I watch I really enjoyed, I'd get every dial color. but I am resisting that - even though I have a MOP Clerc and a black dial Clerc (see 1/13/08 WOD thread in GF) since they look distinctly different.

The Orange Sumo is too bright and radical for me. I'm a pretty conservative guy. I think it's handsome, but I'd never wear it. I just broke down and bought a red bezel watch about six months ago.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts