WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of weeks ago I did a project using the PVD version of the Seiko Stargate. This was done using a military dial. I liked the result but I found that the dial was too busy for me. Culprit the double minute markers and the fact that the numbers were too far from the edge of the chapter ring. My opinion of course and while I liked it I wanted it to look a little different. So I started a new research and decided to use a dial that did not have the minute markers so that I did not have to mess with the chapter ring etc. I opted for a SKX173 dial which is similar to the original Stargate one but does not have the chrome frame which I thought did not fit with the hands and the black of the case. After checking different hands I also opted for the original hour and minute hands from the Stargate but changed the seconds hand to one from the SKX007.

Overall not a bad result. Checking it out more of course and will decide if a keeper or not. In the meantime I wanted to share some photos. All parts are original Seiko.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts