WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a couple weeks ago I ordered a 007 off Amazon. Been eyeing it for a while, so finally grabbed one. I threw it on a NATO, shook it a few times, set the time and threw it on my wrist. Well it's been a week now, and the watch has gained/lossed exactly 0 seconds. I logged onto time.is when I set it, and wrote down the seconds difference, due to no hacking on the 007. 24 hours later, it was dead on. I kept wearing it for 7 days, and to my astonishment, it was still dead on.
I need to switch it out because normally I go nuts if I dont change watches every day, but I bet it would go another week or more and still be dead on.

Is this a fluke, or is the 007 that good of a watch?

·
Registered
805 Posts
i have a seiko "military" watch (the "japan" model which is 40.5mm) which has been as accurate as any eta movements i have owned. the lume is something else. a few days ago i gave it about 10 seconds under my bedside lamp and 8 hours later it was still visable albeit dim. for a watch that cost me $115 brand new it has proven to be a great watch. i am very impressed with seiko watches.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
I have a Seiko quartz thats pretty much dead nuts on, it's a great watch, you can't find a better bang for your buck, then a seiko.

·
Registered
520 Posts
The short answer to the OP is, Yes & No.
Yes, to some extent that accuracy IS a fluke, in that there is no way Seiko, or any other mechanical watch can be made to reliably work THAT well.
No, in that Seiko has always maintained leading industry quality, and as such do tend to perform near the top in accuracy.

...in short, you have an unusually good working example of a well made watch, but I wouldn't expect quite as much from the next one you try.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts