WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I inherited a cigar box of wrist watches. One of the watches is "Seiko Quartz". It has a gold tone face with the letters "SQ" above the six o'clock position. The day of the week is in English and what looks like Farsi.

I was wondering if there is a way to decode what the battery should be using the info on the back cover?

Thanks in advance.

· Super Moderator
5,845 Posts
You might look for very small print to the right of the six o'clock position on the watch face. Seiko will quite often include the movement number followed by a dash such as 7T62-0MP8. If you know the movement number you can usually search the internet for a replacement battery type or an operating manual.

· Super Moderator
5,845 Posts
Can't read much on your pictures but, at the top of the picture of the back I can just make out what looks like "5Y23". That should be your movement. Look for those numbers on the movement just to confirm. A 5Y23 movement takes a type 371 also known as SR920SW battery.

· Premium Member
6,208 Posts
Here are three pictures of the Seiko in question. I can see the small print at the 6 o'clock position but cannot read it.
Hard to tell but that looks like an Arabic date wheel currently showing Saturday. Should be easy to adjust to show English (unless you prefer Arabic). I don't think it's Farsi. Hope you get it running with a new battery :thumbup1:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.