WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been doing some research on vintage Seikos and they appear to have well made movements. I was just wondering if anyone has any opinions on them. How would the Seiko lord matics movements compare to swiss movements, like omega or eterna etc.?

·
Banned
1,216 Posts
Some say they are as good as Swiss movements such as ETA. Some say they are almost as good. I have never hears ANYTHING bad about a seiko automatic, well... Some people don't like how it doesn't hand wind (i personally don't care) but they are generally (consistently) well made, and built like a rock

·
Premium Member
1,705 Posts
Seiko are a true manufacturer.

their watch movements are the equal of ANY swiss movement at the price point. some are even better. There was a profusion of Seiko niche brands in the 60's and 70's (much like now). The Lord Matic's are a mid price point niche below King Seiko and the Grand Seiko's obviously but above the Seiko 5 and the plain Seiko.

their movements are well made, lacking in embellishment but very reliable. You get used to not being able to wind some of the auto's.

hope that helps.

Sean

·
Banned
1,216 Posts
SeanO said:
Seiko are a true manufacturer.

their watch movements are the equal of ANY swiss movement at the price point. some are even better. There was a profusion of Seiko niche brands in the 60's and 70's (much like now). The Lord Matic's are a mid price point niche below King Seiko and the Grand Seiko's obviously but above the Seiko 5 and the plain Seiko.

their movements are well made, lacking in embellishment but very reliable. You get used to not being able to wind some of the auto's.

hope that helps.

Sean
Dead on :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
The 5606 movement handwinds and hacks and is fairly collectable. Try get one without the case having been refinished and having nice crisp lines, some have been finished badly and the edges are rounded off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts