WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. A few days ago I found a watch very similar to this. Seiko Champion. I know that this is a mod, originally a 6309? The watch that I can't find may have been a liitle different, the lighting seemed brighter. Anyways, I like the look. What are the easiest, cheapest seiko automatics that can be modded? Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Yes, the jpeg you have attached is a modded 6309 seiko diver. What you have there is

a modded 6309 diver where the hour markers and dial text are painted or applied on the underside of the crystal, the dial doesn't have any text or markings on it other than color & design, and the inner chapter ring has been changed and modded. I've only seen a couple others like that in the past few years. This may have been one of Noah's modded 6309's or possibly came out of the Philippines, as alot of new wave styles have been done there.
(I think of that beauty as, The Seiko Silver Surfer!)

Which seiko's are the most easy for modifications?
Well the 6309 is quite easy to mod as there are alot of aftermarket items for them in dials/hands/crystal & insert and inner chapter rings. Even the movement can be swapped with other calibers that fit such as the most popular mod for the 6309 which is adding the 7548 quartz movement and dial.

Probably the most easy watch models to mod that have the most variety of aftermarket parts are the most recent 7S26 & 7S36 SKX divers, as the parts are much more plentiful in aftermarket supply types & supply IMO.

Cheers,
Jim

Hello all. A few days ago I found a watch very similar to this. Seiko Champion. I know that this is a mod, originally a 6309? The watch that I can't find may have been a liitle different, the lighting seemed brighter. Anyways, I like the look. What are the easiest, cheapest seiko automatics that can be modded? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,705 Posts
perhaps something like this?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Those were a special run made by Jose Sotto aka watchcooking. He made them in three or four different colours. They are pretty scarce these days.
As mentioned; the 7s26 watches are probably the easiest and cheapest to get modding parts for.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts