WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To all:

I found one of these the other day, hidden in the back of a jeweler's case.

I did not get a price on it, but I'm thinking of going back today to grab it (if it's there, and the price is good).

What do we agree a fair price is for one of these, and, is there anyone here who MUST have one for the holidays?

If the price is right, I'd be willing to forward it on (at a reasonable profit- I'm not trying to get rich here) to someone who needs it more than I do.

This is of course if the purchase price for me is low enough to make me want to buy it in the first place, and low enough to offer it at a fair price and make a few bucks for my trouble.

Then again, I may decide to keep it myself!:001_tt2:

what say ye?

·
Registered
16,752 Posts
If you buy it, post it in the sales forum.
Seikos are good watches. I have no idea of an S-1s price, though.
You can get an idea by checking the sponsors in our Asia forum

·
Banned
5,824 Posts
I think they are in the $480 range. It is a nice looking watch.

Update: I stand corrected. After checking, I see prices are in the $350+range.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Actually, I've seen this watch for about $400 and the one with the rubber or resin band at about $390.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Price was $400.00. ($395.00 I think to be specific)

Quartz movement, more red than the examples shown, red edged black leather band (buckle, not deployant).

Lapel pin as well. Packaging was underwhelming to say the least.

I passed on it (not for me). If anyone wants it I will pick it up for you and ship it to you.

Cover price (and NY tax), and shipping and you can have it. It appears to be flawless to me. No idea how long it will be available.

I also looked at several other watches there, including the GIGANTIC Invicta Russian Diver Chronograph. Quartz movement; but I was amazed there was a watch that makes my 45.5mm Planet Ocean look SMALL... It had a nice purple-ish dial color that I liked, but this thing is WAY too big for a wrist watch. It would make a handsome desk clock or dash clock however...:lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts