WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I know I am a little of topic here, but if you where to choose between a Sellita SW200 movement and a SEIKO 6R15 which one would you prefer?
Does the 28800bph vs the 21600bph make any real difference in accuracy or in the smoothness the seconds hand moves?

·
Registered
16,752 Posts
I own both. The SW200 has a slightly smoother sweep, which is a bit more appealing to me.
However, the Seiko 6R15 movement is incredibly accurate - and maybe a bit better than the SW200.
This is a you pick 'em.

And your question isn't off topic. This is what the general forum is for.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
boscoe which one of the two movements do you prefer, the 6R15 or the SW200?
Your opinion will really help me out since you own both and me none of them!
I am thinking of buying either the SEIKO Alpinist 6R15 or the Invicta 4469 Swiss Pro diver.
I know they are two different type of watches but I am trying to decide which one gives me "best bung for your buck".
Which watch do you think would be a better choice overall in terms of quality, accuracy and performance/price ratio ?

·
Registered
16,752 Posts
Hi. Go to review and reference and read my Seiko 6R15 vs Invicta Pro Diver comparison. That may help - and save me loads of typing.
Watch to Watch, I'd tell you the Seiko is superior to the Invicta in over all terms. Both movements are solid. I find my Seiko movement very accurate, but an SW200 can be COSC certified. It's solid, too.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Both have their Pro's IMO

Seiko is an inhouse movement that isn't as commonly used as the SW200
Tends to be more accurate out of the box, but is spec'd -15/+25.
Seiko has a tendency to give wide specs for their auto's, but generally are much better
SW200, in time, will probably be easier to repair as it will become more widely used as time passes
Sw200 has a smoother sweep, doesn't effect accuracy that I know of but can decrease service intervals due to faster moving parts (is that right?)

It comes down to what you enjoy in a watch. A swiss timepiece with a commonly used and becoming proven like the 2824. Or an unique movement that is probably just as durable but isn't Swiss.

Both are great and you couldn't go wrong with either, I'd say go with the watch you like more.

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Seiko 6R15 is currently sold on Japan Domestic Market's (JDM) watch only. The 6R15 is a reliable and robust movement. Many will agree that these are one of the best bang for the buck watches. A good watchmaker will be able to regulate this movement to COSC standard.

Sellita SW200 is an ETA2824 clone that garners good reports as a recently introduced movement. The design is based on a proven workhorse. It should be problem free if implemented correctly. As such not all SW200 equiped watch are the same. Some are problematic while others are excellent.

Between the 2, I'll go 6R15.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts