WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

SEIKO 6R15 vs Sellita SW200

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Knight Watchman 
#1 ·
Guys if you where to choose between a Sellita SW200 movement and a SEIKO 6R15 which one would you prefer?
Does the 28800bph vs the 21600bph make any real difference in accuracy or in the smoothness the seconds hand moves?

#4 ·
diver88 has pointed out something. Since you'll only get the 6R15 in a Seiko watch, you're assured of a high quality offering. A SW200 could be modified by the end brand.
Not to mention that the SW200 comes in many quality grades to begin with, just like the ETA2824. Please read my last reply in the thread below:
(dbekia, I see you like to ask the same question in two threads at the same time!) :w00t: :lol:

Don't sweat it pal! :thumbup1:

http://www.watchtalkforums.info/forums/showthread.php?t=3524

And once again, I might as well repeat it here! :001_tt2:

Guys I know I am a little of topic here, but if you where to choose between a Sellita SW200 movement and a SEIKO 6R15 which one would you prefer?
Does the 28800bph vs the 21600bph make any real difference in accuracy or in the smoothness the seconds hand moves?
This question can become very complicated. A higher beat movement like the SW200 (28,800BPH) will always have a smoother sweeping seconds hand (same for the ETA2824) than a movement beating at only 21,600BPH. Seiko has a high beat equivalent as well; the 6R20! The SW200, just like the ETA2824, are available in many different grades; just because it's higher beat does not mean it will be more accurate than a lower beat movement. If both a low and a high beat movement are equally certified for the same accuracy, there is a theory, however, that the higher beat movement will maintain that accuracy better regardless of hard use (quick hand movements, vibration, sudden wrist rotations, repetative shocks as when playing golf, etc.). Need more info? :confused1: See if this doesn't put you to sleep! :D

Frequency Response of a Watch Escapement​

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.