WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

Seiko 6309-7040

4K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  FredomsGuardian 
#1 · (Edited)
Just in today from New York a really neat 6309-7040.

Been after one of these for a while now and with the help and honesty of Jim (Poseidon-Jim) I finally got my hands on one. These are an awesome watch and really make you wonder why Seiko changed the case design, the 6309 cushion case is so comfortable on the wrist.

Jim released this one to me from his own collection and I can't thank him enough for his help and guidance and allowing me to add this fine watch to my little collection.

Thanks buddy :thumbup:

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Just in today from New York a really neat 6309-7040 born in January 1985.

Been after one of these for a while now and with the help and honesty of Jim (Poseidon-Jim) I finally got my hands on one. These are an awesome watch and really make you wonder why Seiko changed the case design, the 6309 cushion case is so comfortable on the wrist.

Jim released this one to me from his own collection and I can't thank him enough for his help and guidance and allowing me to add this fine watch to my little collection.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

She sure is a beauty...and it's very easy to see that it was a truly loved piece, and very well taken care of.

Regards,:001_smile:

#6 · (Edited)
Thanks guys & I'm Happy to have helped Richard obtain a mint 6309...

so be it, it was one of my keepers for many years, but I always seem to help the newer collectors get into the club with a nice clean and sometimes nearly new all original example. :biggrin:

I guess the hobby of collecting and then selling has been a growing work in progress over the last so many years, not without a few bumps in the road here & there, but for the most part it's been a very good hobby and I've made many friends along this great journey through WISdom.

Thanks Richard for this post, it was very thoughtful and nice of you, and may you wear that beauty for many decades to come!

:thumbup1:
Jimmy

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
She sure is a beauty...and it's very easy to see that it was a truly loved piece, and very well taken care of.
Regards,:001_smile:
Angelo, she was a real cream puff indeed and he got for a very very fair price well below its true value ...Now you can see the watch I have been so head over heels about for so many years & the love for the best dive watch ever made in my eyes will never fade. Long live the Seiko 6309 Divers Watch!
:biggrin:

UPDATE:

Richard, 8/8/12 it's come to my attention that you've been questioning the hands
on this 6309 I sold you?
You also have been questioning this watch on the new SCWF, of which I told you in advance abouut the trolls that run that place and run wild with total disregard, and then your watchman "John" TigerUK mentions my name & that I was the seller, and my good name becomes tarnished in a troll ravaged question & answer thread about your 6309.

First of all I'll say this, that I have nearly 100 positive watch sale feedbacks posted on various forums & that I know these vintage divers as good as anyone on any forum anywhere in the world, and that I have always done the best job possible in describing a watch, displaying accurate photos of its condition to the best of my and the cameras capability, and have a very well thought of reputation in being a honest seller and forum member, not withstanding a few forum issues with trolls and a couple guys/buyers who wanted something nice for nothing which doesn't happen too often.

My sales Feedback and honesty are unquestionable & speak for themselves:

Poseidon-jim - one great seller with extra!

Positive feedback history for: Poseidon-Jim

Poseidon-Jim & His Seiko SKX011k...Unbelievable...As in Great!!!

Poseidon-Jim... friendly & fast

Poseidon Jim, great seller and member. ;)

Great Experience with Shorinjikempo (Philip) and Poseidon-Jim (Jimmy)

Thanks Jim

What good members have had to say about my contributions are also unquestionable which even includes a few positive replies from some of the old SCWF trolls, there are too many threads to list here:

Seiko & Citizen Forum: A Reference check for myself "Poseidon-Jim"...How have I been & treated you?

Poseidon Jim Is The Man!

Long overdue appreciation for Poseidon Jim (+ intro )

You bought this watch nearly 3 months ago, and you posted photos of your new arrival here in this thread and elsewhere on other forums like the SCWF with nothing but positive responses as to the looks and condition of the watch as far as I have read, and many of those replies were by established hobbiest that know the attributes of a nice 6309 diver I believe, so I was pleased to see those replies.

I'm aware that you have questioned if the hands are OEM or not, and that you were told that they might not be as well as some other Mojo by some trolls?...All I can say is, knowing what I know and that includes being aware of some of the SCWF trouble makers that you might not be aware of, that you have to consider (where & who) the information is coming from, and if they may have (less than honorable) motives in what they told you.

Your thread asking for thoughts on the 6309's hands & I wont attach the TigerUK thread, as it was ravaged by trolls:
http://www.thewatchsite.com/index.ph...c,34824.0.html

SCWF Troll Mojo:
I remember telling you in advance before selling a watch to you about the SCWF and the troublesome group of trolls that congregate there, and about some of the past attack smears these troubled personalities enacted on me and my character & integrity when it was the old SCWF, which by I was unfairly banned and that a few of the said trolls were also mods and have stopped at nothing to attack my good forum reputation and name. You have to consider the source of where information is coming from. The attacking trolls I'm talking about like TigerUk and Isthmus, Chris G. and others like Russ M and Seikozen and 84Maroon ect, they are the troll groups I'm speaking of that smeared my good record for years

Well enough talk about that, I think we all have enough going on in our real live's than to hear and worry about some watch forum trolls and the tactics they employ.

Thankfully, Jack@IWW said in a reply to your post on the SCWF, that in his opinion the watch looks to be legit! And I've gotten a few emails from friends that I have there that also say the watch looks nearly NOS and original to them

To make it Crystal Clear:
The 6309 I sold you was perfectly all original and in great shape as far as I know these watches & I've been involved with them as a collector for some 30 years. I always stand up for whats right, truthful & honest in life and that includes watch sales and anyone that wants to check my references and sales history, as well as my contributions to those forums for a period of over 6 years or more will attest that I'm a fair and honest guy. So in my opinion Richard, the trolls have some other suspicious Agenda to contemplate in telling you what they did, and TigerUk needs to spend a few months in study of what OEM 6309's consist of before he makes some accusation of whats original & whats not.

I'm attaching some photo's of OEM 6309's and the pics you took after you recieved my 6309, and a pic of aftermarket 6309 hands in a follow up reply later, in addition to your photo posted below so you can see a good comparison.
If you know what to look for and the differences in the mid-shaft width of the minute hand, sharp edge corners of the minute and hour hands & the size of the seconds hand meatball and the texture of factory lume, then you can spot aftermarket hands eventhough some of them are so close to OEM its hard to. But factory lume always tells a story of being OEM and that lume can not be replecated in aftermarket hands or by hand applications.

Watch Analog watch Light Clock Watch accessory
Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Font

Lastly,
your watchman in the UK who told you the watch also didn't have a (crystal retaining ring installed) was a total lie and troll B.S. on his part, as "John" TigerUK has been a trouble maker and has trolled me along with a few other jealous old SCWF members for years now.
The facts are the watch was a total cream-puff and was one of my keepers which I deccided to sell to you since I knew you to be a good hearted member and new seiko collector advanced above new seiko hobbyist.
>Take a look at my pics to you of the watch & also the pics you took of the watch before you sent it off to "John" TigerUK, look at the shinny metalic color and visable stainless steel ring just above the inner chapter ring....that is indeed the crystal retaining ring intact on the watch & I hereby rest my case!

Follow-up evidence:
I'm calling TigerUK aka John A troll and a BS'ing liar, Here's a photo below that you took Richard when the watch arrived from me and I've added a orange line showing the ring is intact and seen, as I said above the crystal retaining ring can clearly be seen in your own photo's as well as the ones I sent you. So TigerUK is a liar of the trolling BS kind & that where it's at!

Watch Analog watch Clock Font Watch accessory

I've collected and studied these and Seiko's other vintage divers watches for some 34 years & I think that I have ample knowledge on then as well as anyone alive, so here's another pic of my last 6309 sold just this month June 2013, and look and compare to the pics I sent you of the watch sold to you above, look at the pics you took before you sent it off to TigerUK John in England, The crystal retaining ring is clearly seen on this my 6309-7049, just as it is in the pics above of the 6309 I sold you....Lastly I'll restate this one last time: TigerUK, Isthmus, Time and the other jerk trolls at the new SCWF are full of BS and are lying trouble making wolves in sheep's clothing

Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Material property

Just my well intentioned advice, but I suggest you beware of the sorts of trolls found at the new SCWF, and unfortunately these same lowdown troublesome souls also hang-out on WUS, so beware of them Richard.

Sincerely, you got a very nice & decent 6309 divers watch Richard.

Regards,
Jim
Poseidon-Jim

#7 ·
Just in today from New York a really neat 6309-7040.

Richard,

That is truly a fine looking example. You are lucky to have scored it :thumbup1:
Jimmy has supplied some very nice watches to fellow WIS; this one is no exception.:cool1:

#11 ·
Seiko 6309-7049

I agree that the Seiko 6309 case is by far the most comfortable of the Seiko Diver's watches. I have owned my 6309 since 1979, and prefer it to the many watches I own. I purchased a Seiko a 7S26-0028 for use, while my 6309 was in for restoration with Ken Setser, and there is a noticeable difference in the case comfort and geometry. There are similarities to the designs of both watch cases, but the 6309 is by far the better of the two.

Congratulations as to your acquisition!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.