WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Excellent & harder to find 6138 Chrono there Richard!...She's a real beauty

Congrats on reeling her in from the sea of Wisdom.

Cheers, :thumbup1:
Jim

Another arrival in my move towards mostly J&A.

Picked this one up locally, needs a little tidying but not too bad, these are becoming hard to get hold of in original condition. This one is just 39 years old and dates from May of 1973.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys :thumbup1:

Just have to decide now if I should have the dial and hands replaced or keep it as it is :001_unsure:

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
After some advice this evening it will be heading off for a check up and a little work, the dial will have a little cleaning and maybe the hands relumed (depending on how the dial turns out). Maybe the crystal polished or replaced and seals on the pushers sorted. My intention is to have the watch gently worked on and try do no damage to it's originality.

When it comes back I will do an update on it.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Good choice to leave it original...A dial cleaning and hands clean-up & relume

will make the watch look like new and still render it as original.

Nice choice and a beauty of an example Richard-

Jim

After some advice this evening it will be heading off for a check up and a little work, the dial will have a little cleaning and maybe the hands relumed (depending on how the dial turns out). Maybe the crystal polished or replaced and seals on the pushers sorted. My intention is to have the watch gently worked on and try do no damage to it's originality.

When it comes back I will do an update on it.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I like these pieces. Something about the thin bezel, but still with the 'I mean business dial". Solid but nice - - - does that make sense?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Panda

The scratches and dings on the crystal and case of mine are part of its personality and show that it has been knocked around for years and, like its owner, manages to keep going! Love these things! Panda.jpg

·
Registered
9 Posts
Looks great, especially since you say its from way back in 1973! It must have some interesting stories, if only watches could talk!

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looks great, especially since you say its from way back in 1973! It must have some interesting stories, if only watches could talk!
Unfortunatley it is no longer with me, a short lived member of the family. I sent it off to get some work done on it and ended up a doing deal with the guy who was going to the repair. Allowing for a service, a new crystal and getting the dial cleaned up the cost for me did not make sense so I let it go.

A deal was done and this one came my way, my second all original 6139-6005 from June 1972, I reckon it looks good next to it's twin brother.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts