1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
greetings from next door,
just popped over from the hamilton forum with need of advice,
I am looking to buy a used seamster professional,
automatic 41mm approx, black wave dial, full hands, not the skeleton james bond type,
dial with line markers, not the dots, also found on the bond watch,
I added an image,
I have looked on ebay, they seem to make big prices, are these prices realistic?
also nervous of fakes,
if anyone can advise me on where else to look or has one for sale, I would appreciate the help,
thanks for your time on this, best regards,
James

Attachments

·
Banned
28,291 Posts
James, you're lucky we don't charge by the comma. :laugh:

automatic 41mm approx, black wave dial, full hands, not the skeleton james bond type,
I added an image,
That's a 2254. They're very popular since they were discontinued a few years ago.

I have looked on ebay, they seem to make big prices, are these prices realistic?
Depends. You have to tell us numbers for us to tell you if the price is realistic. They used to sell for $1200 - $1400 depending on condition but now they're going for $1600 - $2100.

also nervous of fakes,
if anyone can advise me on where else to look or has one for sale, I would appreciate the help,
You should be concerned about fakes on any popular watch. Keep looking on the sales forums and use Elite Deal Seeker to track one down. Good luck!

·
Registered
6,084 Posts
that's a great watch.. I bought mine before the prices went crazy and they were discontinued. the first incarnation was basically the same but was called a 2054 but it had the "Bond" 9 pc bracelet which is pretty cool. there is also a GMT version (2234) that is maybe a little dressier, don't know what the prices run on those but I'm sure they've jumped also.

I don't know which one I like best, I just never seem to find time to wear the GMT for some reason.. I should make an effort.

good luck on the search.

·
Premium Member
2,632 Posts
greetings from next door,
just popped over from the hamilton forum with need of advice,
I added an image,
also nervous of fakes,
thanks for your time on this, best regards,
James
Hi and welcome! Both Dennis and Terry gave you good advice. Should you come across a sale that interests you, swing by here and ask the members for guidance and insight. There's quite a few of us that will be able to steer you away from suspect watches or high asking prices. I have another variant of the watch you are looking at, the Non- America's Cup version with a white gold bezel insert and applied markers:

Good luck in the hunt!!!

·
Registered
6,084 Posts
Tommy,

I always forget about the non-Americas Cup and Americas Cup... that mesh looks great on this one:thumbup1: another I forget is the reduced size and the quartz versions (2264).

BTW, to the OP.. I can spot a fake or replica in this Seamaster line in about a 1/2 second. you get any photos show them here, we can help.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks to all for omega help and advice

much appreciated, I have my eye on a couple, will let you know how it works out,
in the mean time, merry christmas from Ireland,

Tommy,

I always forget about the non-Americas Cup and Americas Cup... that mesh looks great on this one:thumbup1: another I forget is the reduced size and the quartz versions (2264).

BTW, to the OP.. I can spot a fake or replica in this Seamaster line in about a 1/2 second. you get any photos show them here, we can help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.