WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know we have a member's gallery, but I can't get enough of my Seamaster. So, I wanted to start a thread where we would post any and every picture you have of your seamaster. Don't be shy....post away!

Here are a few that I have posted around. Sorry for the repeats but I just want to get things moving. I will take more today:

·
Banned
18,138 Posts
Do ex's count my friend?

This Blue AT was a highly-prized piece, now in the loving care of Mr Tricky Dicky :biggrin::biggrin:

Y'all have a nice weekend now pals

ZIN

·
Banned
18,138 Posts
Beautiful watch you have there Mike :thumbup1:

This model with the numbers ala orange is the PO I love best. It looks exceptional on a strap too, either an all black strap or the black one with the red stitching.

Be well now

ZIN

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Geez...you guys with your fancy new stuff:

This one is off to be serviced:

This one is waiting line to be worn:

:cool1:

·
Premium Member
24,978 Posts
My current Omega:

A few from the past...cue in the song, "To all the girls I've loooved before..." :laugh:

My first Omega:

Many others followed....

The only Speedmaster I've ever owned.....

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wow John you have really owned a lot of Semasters. Nevertheless, you have really stuck to the bond seamaster a classic.

·
Banned
18,138 Posts
It's great to see those pictures again John. They inspired many a purchase as you know, including these.

Hey I wonder if there have been any other members here who have owned both GMTs :blink:

And here's another acquired because you were so proud of yours :001_smile:

Never quite worked up a passion for the Bond though and I'm frantically looking for a picture of the Electric Blue - yes I bought that too :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Enjoy your Sunday

ZIN

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Houston thank you for the beautiful pictures. You know, I bought the PO and love it but my heart is still with the Bond seamaster. I am going to get one soon. After that it will be the speedy, of which, I have no clue which one to get since there are so many.

·
Banned
18,138 Posts
Houston thank you for the beautiful pictures.

You're more than welcome pal. They pale next to John's or Terry's or..... :001_rolleyes:

You know, I bought the PO and love it but my heart is still with the Bond seamaster. I am going to get one soon.

Oh didn't know that. You after one of the new Co-Axials or sticking with Mr Original with the cal 1120 my friend?

After that it will be the speedy, of which, I have no clue which one to get since there are so many.

Heh heh - that's what we're all here for pal - let's keep up the talk now :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Be well Mike

ZIN

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Oh didn't know that. You after one of the new Co-Axials or sticking with Mr Original with the cal 1120 my friend?
I hear there are not to many 1120 around, but if there are any I would definitely want one. I love the Co-axial but I would be dvided between the two. I would bet the 1120 is less than the co-axial one...?

·
Banned
18,138 Posts
Yes Mike it's much less expensive but IMHO you have to factor in the fact that the Co-Axial's service interval is approximately 2x that of the c1120 so in the long term, you'll save. You'll certainly save by going for a young pre-loved or through one or two sources.

For me, the longer hands of the Co-Axial are more attractive. I was never too keen on the shorter skeleton hands of the 2531.80. At least not on paper anyway. On a wrist, they seem fine but that's also probably because I'm looking at the watch as a whole. The 2220.80 also has more prominent markers and the rather attractive Seamaster legend in red. I also like the new style case back. Very neat indeed :thumbup1:

Keep well my friend

ZIN

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yes Mike it's much less expensive but IMHO you have to factor in the fact that the Co-Axial's service interval is approximately 2x that of the c1120 so in the long term, you'll save. You'll certainly save by going for a young pre-loved or through one or two sources.

For me, the longer hands of the Co-Axial are more attractive. I was never too keen on the shorter skeleton hands of the 2531.80. At least not on paper anyway. On a wrist, they seem fine but that's also probably because I'm looking at the watch as a whole. The 2220.80 also has more prominent markers and the rather attractive Seamaster legend in red. I also like the new style case back. Very neat indeed :thumbup1:

Keep well my friend[/img] ZIN
I do have to admit that the co-axial version is very attractive. I did not know that the hands were longer. Either way, I am not ready yet but when I am I will start the deliberations soon. Thanks :thumbup1:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts