WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
2,275 Posts
Congratulations... :thumbup1: I think the Seiko 5 line is the best value for an automatic watch out there... And those Seiko 5 Sports look to be heftier and better build than the regular line...

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
:)

Mr Bullosa,

that is a fine looking Seiko. at a glance it does look like my Seamaster.

congrats on the watch:thumbup1: looks great, priced at less than a third of its quality level (IMHO). can't ever go wrong with a Seiko:thumbup1:

:):)
diver88

·
Banned
5,433 Posts
Great choice.
It's tough to beat the Seiko 5 line for a well made and well priced watch.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Congratulations... :thumbup1: I think the Seiko 5 line is the best value for an automatic watch out there... And those Seiko 5 Sports look to be heftier and better built than the regular line...
Yes, they sure are! The Seiko 5 regular line is an extraordinary value, but the Sports line definitely gives you more. The sports line uses a solid link bracelet, a sapphire crystal, and a "pseudo" upgraded movement (absolutely meaningless). That is truly a gorgeous watch; reminds me of the one in our J & A masthead photo-

Which reminds me- after the end of the holiday season (January) we will have a new photo competition for a new masthead; the first new masthead for our new forum we call home. More details to come soon. :cool1:

Now why do I call the 7S36 movement a "pseudo" upgraded movement over the 7S26? The two extra jewels in the 7S36 are useless non-functioning jewels. Yes, even Seiko has to resort to marketing. There is a great article in our "Links & Other Info Resources about J&A Watches" sub-forum that tells all about the two extra jewels and where they are located:

The Difference Between Seiko 7S26 and 7S36

Be sure to check out this sub-forum if you love Asian watches; there are tons of great articles and information there! :thumbup1:

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts

This is a beautiful watch.

I am always attracted to watches that have black dials, rotating bezels, and have all, or most of the numbers, interrupted only by complications.

Anyone know it's model number?

·
Premium Member
6,208 Posts
Grady, oh yes - that's the one...:drool: Why did you post this pic, on top of the already fabulous seiko 5 that kicked off this thread...? Please, Santa, can I have both..... :thumbup1:

This is a beautiful watch.

I am always attracted to watches that have black dials, rotating bezels, and have all, or most of the numbers, interrupted only by complications.

Anyone know it's model number?

·
Banned
18,140 Posts
Mr Bullosa

I was fooled too when I saw the top part of the picture as the screen was painting.

Wish you many moments of joy with the watch.

Best WIShes

ZIN

1 - 12 of 12 Posts