WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had the bracelet refinshed to my 2225.80.00 Seamaster 300 M Chrono Diver and the jewelery store reinstalled the bracelet to the watch. Today I noticed one of the thin polished center bars of the bracelet is slightly popping out where the bracelet connects to the case. This is at the section of the bracelet between the lugs where the spring bar goes through the baracelet. Is it possible that the spring bar missed going through that single thin polished bar of the bracelet? Has anyone ever had this occurred after reinstalling this type of bracelet?

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
Hi Indy,

I just took a look at mine and I am hard-pressed to see a separation between the polished and brushed portion. If it's separate it has to have a seam somewhere. I would think that if the piece is displaced something like that would be able to be seen. Can you take any pictures and post them?

Also, the individual links use friction pins and collars, not spring bars, just so you know.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Figured it out

I found there is a small screw on the last link of the bracelet that is missing, which holds the thin polished link in place on the bracelet between the lugs. This is the same area of the bracelet where the spring bar goes through at the lugs. I will call Nesbits on Monday who just returned the bracelet to me after they did a refinish. The screw must have been lost during the refinish, or during the shipping process.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Your current collection

Hi Indy,

I just took a look at mine and I am hard-pressed to see a separation between the polished and brushed portion. If it's separate it has to have a seam somewhere. I would think that if the piece is displaced something like that would be able to be seen. Can you take any pictures and post them?

Also, the individual links use friction pins and collars, not spring bars, just so you know.
If you look at your 300 M bracelet in your "current collection" pics, you will see the thin polished link (second from the left at the bottom of the watch case) it's that thin link that lifts up where it meets the watch case. Well, once the bracelet is off the watch there is a small screw that goes in the side of the bracelet that has fallen out.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Follow up

I spoke with Jan from a well known watch service in the Pacific Northwest and they are shipping out a replacement screw to rectify the problem with the thin polished link contained within the end link. I was told by a different watch supply parts company the end link had no screws in them; however, Jan assured me there is in fact two long screws within the 1504-826 300 M Chrono end links. She even offered to pay for the installation by my local watchmaker. Personal service is the best and that's why I decided against using Rolex in Dallas to service my Date-just. I sent my Date-just to the aforementioned Pacific Northwest family run watch service company for its service and it will be shipped out to me on Tuesday. That was a two-week turnaround Nov 28 to Dec 13th. I now have to budget for my Submariner's service through the same company. Great experience. :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
I spoke with Jan from a well known watch service in the Pacific Northwest and they are shipping out a replacement screw to rectify the problem with the thin polished link contained within the end link. I was told by a different watch supply parts company the end link had no screws in them; however, Jan assured me there is in fact two long screws within the 1504-826 300 M Chrono end links. She even offered to pay for the installation by my local watchmaker. Personal service is the best and that's why I decided against using Rolex in Dallas to service my Date-just. I sent my Date-just to the aforementioned Pacific Northwest family run watch service company for its service and it will be shipped out to me on Tuesday. That was a two-week turnaround Nov 28 to Dec 13th. I now have to budget for my Submariner's service through the same company. Great experience. :biggrin:
Great top hear that you are getting this fixed (and with great service, too)! Thanks for the education, taught me something new about my Omega.:thumbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts