WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

Sea King....

2K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  RJ007 
#1 · (Edited)
I have wanted one of these little gems for a LONG time.
I always liked the simple lines and cool "Whale" on the dial.

A few shots with original Sea King box:

See less See more
#4 ·
I don't think there's a forum on the planet that does such in depth visual coverage of the object of their affection ....heh heh ...

nice clean watch too.....

but ......doesn't that whale look like a big ole flirt ? ....Lookit the way it's flipping up ! ( the tail that is) ....it's practically waving at us ....

#8 ·
.....Doug ....I warn ya ...one of these days we're gonna meet somewhere in the bay area .....and you're gonna pay for allllllll those bad puns .....trust me on this ...

be afraid , be very afraid ! :lol:

#11 ·
salleh said:
.....Doug ....I warn ya ...one of these days we're gonna meet somewhere in the bay area .....and you're gonna pay for allllllll those bad puns .....trust me on this ...

be afraid , be very afraid ! :lol:
Bad puns are my LIFE!!! and you will have to travel quite a bit to the bay area lol. Although... I may be in NJ soon :sneaky:

#15 ·
I have wanted one of these little gems for a LONG time.
I always liked the simple lines and cool "Whale" on the dial.
Gorgeous watch. I don't think that's actually a sea king though; note how the box talks about the sea king being "super thin"; not something typically used to describe an automatic. The whale logo was used extensively in the 70s (you don't mention the year of yours), especially across the clipper and oceanographer lines.

#20 ·
Check out mybulova.com... an amazing bulova site!

Google Image Result for http://www.mybulova.com/sites/default/files/watches/!B3TjoWwEGk~$(KGrHqZ,!h4E)ql(1bFZBMlst96yvg~~_12.JPG?1291387829

Here is almost the exact same watch with "Sea King" on the dial!

Mine is also 1969 marked M-9...

Hummm?
I can up the confusion for you; check the 1972 ad here:
http://www.mybulova.com/sites/default/files/vintage_ads/Bulova_AD_1972_1.jpg

The last watch on the second row is identified in the pictures as a "Clipper Y", but it also seems to say "Sea King" on the dial.

#21 ·
This suggests that 'Sea King' was a line, not a model, so a Clipper could also be a Sea King. And Sea Kings came in auto and manual wind in the same year, as far as I can tell. 'Sea King' might simply have been a way to designate waterproof watches, as 'Watertite' had been.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.