WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another addition to my 60's Seiko box and this time it is a automatic 7625-8011 from October 1967. I picked this one up as a project as it is in a bit of a mess, crystal is nasty and the case is a little marked but not too much that a little effort will not fix it. Seller advertised it as second hand moving but could not move the hour hands as the crown was not working correctly and it was stuck, on arrival I removed the crown and the stem was bent and it straightened very easily. The movement is keeping perfect time now for the last 8 hours but the dial is my main issue. Apologies for the pics but I hope you can see what I mean, the numbers/letters under the 6 on the dial are all crooked "Japan 7625 8000". I'm not sure how it happened, it does not look like it is a redial. It also looks like someone was poking the dial and it has left it with a lot of little indentations on it.

So any suggestions as to why the numbers are crooked and also what are the potential costs to get the dial redone.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts