WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's not a watch, but a clock. Trying to find info on this clock. 15 jewels, 3 adjustments and no makers mark on clockworks that I can find. Most details in pics. Thanks for info if you have any.
Watch Analog watch Clock Measuring instrument Wood
Watch Analog watch Clock Measuring instrument Wood

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,911 Posts
There should be a manufacturers mark just below the balance wheel and that would be helpful. If not then I'm going to suggest you post this query over at the NAWCC forum.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There should be a manufacturers mark just below the balance wheel and that would be helpful. If not then I'm going to suggest you post this query over at the NAWCC forum.
thanks for the reply. I started over at the NAWCC site but just decided to spread it around on others. I wish I knew about clocks so I could identify a balance wheel but I can't. I do appreciate your input.

·
Super Moderator
5,911 Posts
thanks for the reply. I started over at the NAWCC site but just decided to spread it around on others. I wish I knew about clocks so I could identify a balance wheel but I can't. I do appreciate your input.
You've got one photo partially showing the balance wheel and a serial# under it. Usually (but not always) there is also a makers mark there somewhere too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You've got one photo partially showing the balance wheel and a serial# under it. Usually (but not always) there is also a makers mark there somewhere too.
I have scoured over the visage parts and can’t find a makers mark. I read that sometimes they are on the underside of a plate but I’m not touching the works.

·
Super Moderator
5,911 Posts
Have a look and see if there is a 3 letter code stamped somewhere on the movement. If the watch movement was imported into the USA, that 3 letter code is an 'import code' and from that we may be able to tell who manufactured the movement.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have looked over the works as carefully as I can and don't see any letter marks. I'm using my iphone camera in zoom to look as I don't have a magnifying glass. I'll check again but I'm sure I saw 'swiss' somewhere on the works. The only other unique markings is the four numbers beside the movement. excuse my nomenclature pls. not a real clock person.
:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts