WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at a local thrift store and saw a watch marked "Rolex". It was a ladies watch on a cheap leather strap, had "diamonds" on the bezel and a MOP (mother of plastic) dial lol. The "SWISS MADE" print on the dial was so blotchy and sad. Good thing it was only $1.99 lmao

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
I was at the dealer getting a car serviced a while back and a lady was there telling another lady about the Rolex she had just purchased at a garage sale for $5.00. I asked if I could see it and what a monstrosity !! It was a quartz Date Just and I'd guess that it was probably about $1.99 new. I told her that it wasn't a real Rolex and she got quite huffy with me, I guess she just wanted to believe so badly.

·
Banned
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Omg I love fake watch stories lol. I went to NYC on a trip (not much of a trip considering i live in CT) and had so many "Rolex's" offered to me via trench coat. Me an my friends laughed about it the whole time. But that's the day my watch hunger started. And it never stopped. :/

·
Banned
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Scott D said:
I'm have reported them to Rolex for selling fake items thru a B&M store....
They probably don't know what a Rolex is. They just take donations and sell them. It was in a basket full of watches lol. When I asked to see them the said "the all need batteries" when a lot of them were mechanical

1 - 7 of 7 Posts