WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
Which do you have for your television viewing. I've had Dish Network for almost 10 years and would never think of going back to cable. Better picture, sound, better channel selection and most of all cost.

C'mon Guys whatcha got:001_smile::001_smile:

Regards
Bob:D

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
We've got Cox Cable. It's bundled with our high-speed internet and phone service. We're happy enough with it to keep us from wanting to move away from it...

·
Banned
5,433 Posts
Plain old no frills cable for me.
The only TV I really watch is sports and,though a high def picture is obviously better I get by just fine with basic cable and a basic TV.
Maybe someday....................but I doubt it.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I'm out in the "boonies" with no cable available. It's Dish Network for me. And along the same lines... I have a satellite connection to the internet.

Dave

·
Banned
9,135 Posts
We used to have a dish; however, we kept losing signal. Even had them out a few times to adjust, re-adjust, etc.; however, anytime it rained, snowed, or very heavy clouds, we would lose signal. Finally, after our 4th call, it was removed, and we went back to cable. I understand FIOS is coming to areas, and it may be available in ours, and I am curious to see it that will cause cable rates to drop.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Comcast Cable television basic and Comcast High Speed Internet.

Television programming is getting so bad that out of about one hundred channels, I watch about four.

So, now that political mudslinging is once again starting to dominate the news, I'm seriously considering switching to the local channels option, which is the only way I can get a decent signal, plus it saves me money on the internet service when they are bundled together.

Golf, NASCAR, and Formula One are the main obstacles to my doing the deed.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Dish Network with the all the goodies including the HD channels. After watching sports, movies, etc. in HD and on a wide screen HDTV theres just no going back.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I would do Dish or DirectTV as they are rolling out massive numbers of HD channels. I got an HD TV last X-mas and going back to SD is like not having my glasses on. Still I stick with Comcast because the On Demand feature makes up for having fewer channels and meets my needs.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I've always had cable. I hear the horror stories about losing signal with the dish because of bad weather, so that has kept me away. Plus, now with digital and hd cable, the only reason to go with a dish would be more channels. I get all the ESPN and sports channels I want (in HD), so why bother switching?

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Hey Guys,

I am certainly not in your leagues.We have free to air TV.(Plain old basic TV).

Mind you I still have dial up internet.:001_rolleyes:

·
Banned
9,135 Posts
Hey Guys,

I am certainly not in your leagues.We have free to air TV.(Plain old basic TV).

Mind you I still have dial up internet.:001_rolleyes:
Funny you mention this....I was just reading that the 'old' antennas are making a come back, as HDTV is also broadcast free of charge (standard channels) across the airwaves.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Funny you mention this....I was just reading that the 'old' antennas are making a come back, as HDTV is also broadcast free of charge (standard channels) across the airwaves.
I know here in Australia they are making a big song and dance about HD TV free to air,shame I don't have a HD TV to get the full benifit.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
I had Dish Network for 8 years. Then it would just go off, no storm or bad weather, and they came out 4 times and replaced lots of parts. No change. Final straw was when there man came out, walked in the room, turned the TV on. Hit the remote a few times and said it was the "box". I said, "Don't think so". He said he was a "senior tech" and knew his stuff. I went and got the box that I just changed out, day before, from the last tech. I hadn't sent it back yet. He argued, I threw him out. Called cable, had it up and running in only several days. Cable has been working great ever since.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts