WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Because of our various family commitments on Christmas Day, we all gather on the Saturday before for lunch followed the exchange and opening of gifts.

Our traditional "turkey and dressing" dinner occurs at Thanksgiving so our "Christmas dinner" will be at a local restaurant that we all enjoy. This year, as last year, we will be enjoying Mexican food and margaritas. After eating we will drive to our oldest daughter's house to open presents.

Among the packages we will be carrying to Gwen's tomorrow is one Santa left early with my name on it. It appears to be about the size, shape, and weight of a watch box and it doesn't rattle.

What could it be? :001_rolleyes:

Fr. John+

·
Banned
18,138 Posts
Bro

You are such a tease :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Wish you and yours a Very Merry Christmas.

What might that box be? There must be some people who may know.....:001_rolleyes: ;)

Be well now

ZIN

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
I reckon it's something classy Zin, De Ville co-ax GMT like John Wilsons or maybe some thing unusal and rare to the forums, like an X2 perhaps?

·
Banned
18,138 Posts
You're thinking along dress styles are you, Fergie?

Now I wonder what the source of your intel is pal ? :biggrin::biggrin:

I think Fr John is going to surprise us with a sapphire-fronted Speedy :001_tt2:

:D:D

Sorry Bro - couldn't help that one ;)

Be well now guys

ZIN

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
I'm guessing dress style watch as his current collection is mainly Speed and Sea Masters. Or he could throw a complete spanner in the works and go Rolex or Tag maybe :wink:

·
Banned
18,138 Posts
No way Jose

The Man Has Class to throw away :thumbup1:

Firstly, he won't venture to the dark side and secondly the udder one is a marketing-generated wannabe. Heuers were something else. They were about horology. TAG however is just about Mansour Ojeh's money marketing fashionwear. Now of course, they are part of the LVMH empire.

:001_tt2:

:D:D:D

Be well amigo

ZIN

·
Registered
577 Posts
This year, as last year, we will be enjoying Mexican food and margaritas.
That's :cool1: ! With lots of green and red peppers and chiles, that is very Christmassy.

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If I were going to go over the top . . .

my dream watch is this one:

Preferably in RG.

If not this year Santa, maybe next year. I promise to be extra good. :001_tt1:

Fr. John+

·
Registered
577 Posts
my dream watch is this one:

Preferably in RG.

If not this year Santa, maybe next year. I promise to be extra good. :001_tt1:

Fr. John+
Boy, this disclosure of your dream watch sure makes that mystery package with your name on it yet more exciting, not? :drool: I'm assuming that you left adverts for it lying about the house so that Val had to see them as she was cleaning etc.? Great choice. It's handsome, but it won't shout "Look what I have" to the people that you'll be dealing with in your new position. BTW, is it a fulltime position?

This is mine, but Santa, Helen and our bank acct. aren't quite ready for it, and likely will never be. :tongue_smilie: But it's great fun looking and wishing.

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Boy, this disclosure of your dream watch sure makes that mystery package with your name on it yet more exciting, not? :drool: I'm assuming that you left adverts for it lying about the house so that Val had to see them as she was cleaning etc.? Great choice. It's handsome, but it won't shout "Look what I have" to the people that you'll be dealing with in your new position. BTW, is it a fulltime position?
Roger,

The Calatrava is within my reach but would require liquidating most of my collection. Am I tempted? YES! :w00t:

As to the new position, I will be part time to begin with as this is a startup venture by a group in South Carolina. They are expanding into Georgia and this is the first office with four or five more to follow. Having a bit of an entrepreneurial spirit, I'm excited about the possibilities. I should be full time within 4-6 months as the patient base increases.

Your dream watch isn't too shabby either.

Fr. John+

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
And BTW . . .

I do have an inside track to Santa.

He happens to be my son-in-law. Here's our oldest sitting on his (Gary's) knee:

Fr. John+

·
Banned
18,138 Posts
Very nice to have such a key figure as part of one's family at this time Brother John :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Please forgive my ignorance here. I have googled some answers and still don't get the point about the Calatrava. Why is it soooooo special? For that sort of price you can get....... Well, you know what you can get. :001_rolleyes:

Thanks Bro

Have a good weekend now

ZIN

·
Registered
577 Posts
Roger,

The Calatrava is within my reach but would require liquidating most of my collection. Am I tempted? YES! :w00t:
No, no, don't do that! Then you might not frequent the Omega forums as much.

As to the new position, I will be part time to begin with as this is a startup venture by a group in South Carolina. They are expanding into Georgia and this is the first office with four or five more to follow. Having a bit of an entrepreneurial spirit, I'm excited about the possibilities. I should be full time within 4-6 months as the patient base increases.
Gotcha! As that patient base increases, so will your pay rate and pretty soon you'll have that Calatrava without any liquidation necessary. :thumbup:

Your dream watch isn't too shabby either.
Thanks. It it available in WG, YG and RG, but not S/S. Too bad, as in S/S it might be more attainable. :crying:

·
Registered
260 Posts
Very nice to have such a key figure as part of one's family at this time Brother John :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Please forgive my ignorance here. I have googled some answers and still don't get the point about the Calatrava. Why is it soooooo special? For that sort of price you can get....... Well, you know what you can get. :001_rolleyes:

Thanks Bro

Have a good weekend now

ZIN

I asked that same question a few years back, and I never really got a good answer. It is by far the most popular of Patek’s line up, mostly because it can be had without selling your house, but beyond that most people consider it to be the quintessential classic watch. It also is the company’s flagship watch, It was I think named after the company’s logo, the calatrava cross.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts