WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I recently purchased this vintage Cosmic from an old cane farmer here in tropical Queensland. He had owned it from new and, as can be seen, the salt from the old guys perspiration just ate the case away to a point where the lugs had totally disappeared! I met him at a local car boot sale, where he was selling off a lot of old tractor parts etc and right in the middle of all the greasy parts, in a plastic cup, sat the poor old Cosmic. Despite it's condition, the movement and dial were still perfect and working well, so I had to have it, never ever believing I would find another case for it. (we have all got, and had them for years, movements or empty cases lying around waiting for the appropriate part to show up which rarely does) A couple of weeks later, unbelievably, I found an identical case with its matching bracelet no less, on the local flea bay @ $80.00, what a total fluke. All it needs now is a bit of a tidy up and it will be as good as new.:w00t: (NOT SURE WHY MY POST IS HEADING EAST INSTEAD OF SOUTH?)

·
Registered
320 Posts
Interesting find T5aus. Funny how some people have no clue about some thing they have.

Show us some picture once it's restore.

BTW, reading you post was interesting, scrolling left and right. I don't know what you did to it. Maybe some other expert have a solution.

Merry xmas,

Marc :thumbup1:

·
Banned
2,275 Posts
What a great story... And a very nice watch as well... Keep us updated :thumbup1:

By the way, edited your post so the pictures would show up as they do now. After pasting a picture in the post, just push enter, so the next one is put on a new line...

·
Registered
276 Posts
How old is the model itself, i.e. when did Omega introduce it and for how long was it around and, how old would you guess is this particular model?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What a great story... And a very nice watch as well... Keep us updated :thumbup1:

By the way, edited your post so the pictures wouls show up as they do now. After pasting a picture in the post, just push enter, so the next one is put on a new line...

Thanks for sorting that out wautersjr.

I like your Andy Warhol quote, I just recieved for Xmas a ticket to go and see a big exhibition of his works which is on here in Brisbane for the next few months:thumbup1:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How old is the model itself, i.e. when did Omega introduce it and for how long was it around and, how old would you guess is this particular model?
Not sure of those details Mike, It looks about the 70's but I am guessing. Hopefully, other members will recognise it and let us know:thumbup:Thanks anyone.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Interesting find T5aus. Funny how some people have no clue about some thing they have.

Show us some picture once it's restore.

BTW, reading you post was interesting, scrolling left and right. I don't know what you did to it. Maybe some other expert have a solution.

Merry xmas,

Marc :thumbup1:
Thanks Marc & a merry Xmas to you :thumbup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts